GDT: Flames vs Sens @ 3pm MT

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Was hanging with the GF so I couldn't post much (ikr I actually have one of those?!). But seriously, great game. I didn't even hate Zadorov's play either which obviously means the sky is falling.

Btw, Kylington was #2 in ES ice time... and he looked great again.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
There are currently five teams with fewer wins than the Flames have shutouts.
Great but we are going to be in a hard battle with Edmonton, Vegas, Anaheim for the playoffs. Despite the good start, we are in the middle of it. Need to keep going hard.

Reactions: Igright

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Great but we are going to be in a hard battle with Edmonton, Vegas, Anaheim for the playoffs. Despite the good start, we are in the middle of it. Need to keep going hard.

Yep long season, going to be lots of ups and downs but overall numbers are strong - currently we are 3rd for goals against and tied for 6th for goals for. That is overall though not per game average but notable nonetheless.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Blunders aside, General Zad has 2 goals in 10 games. If he can iron out a few kinks on the defensive end, pick his spots better and start making some smarter plays, I could see him being fairly effective for us as the season rolls on. Whether it's a big hit or a big goal, the dude does have the potential to be a game-breaker if he can just stay dialed into the program. Plus he is hilarious af lmao I am seldom ever not entertained with Big Z in the lineup.

It's worth mentioning that Guddy is quietly on pace for a 20+ point season, which would also be a career high for him.

I wonder what the plan is with Vali, though. I still have a feeling that he could be the first one moved in a package at the deadline for a goal-scorer. The dude's talented and still young, and deserves a better fate than the press-box. He is just in limbo right now, with a veteran in Stone on-deck in case of injury, plus Mackey in Stockton ready to make the jump, who I personally like better than Vali. I didn't realize Nick DeSimone has 7 points in 11 games with Stockton, is their top-scoring defenseman, and is a RH shot. The Flames have so many options on D with how well they've been playing, it's just hard to see where Vali fits into the equation, short or long-term.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tofveve

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Blunders aside, General Zad has 2 goals in 10 games. If he can iron out a few kinks on the defensive end, pick his spots better and start making some smarter plays, I could see him being fairly effective for us as the season rolls on. Whether it's a big hit or a big goal, the dude does have the potential to be a game-breaker if he can just stay dialed into the program. Plus he is hilarious af lmao I am seldom ever not entertained with Big Z in the lineup.

It's worth mentioning that Guddy is quietly on pace for a 20+ point season, which would also be a career high for him.

I wonder what the plan is with Vali, though. I still have a feeling that he could be the first one moved in a package at the deadline for a goal-scorer. The dude's talented and still young, and deserves a better fate than the press-box. He is just in limbo right now, with a veteran in Stone on-deck in case of injury, plus Mackey in Stockton ready to make the jump, who I personally like better than Vali. I didn't realize Nick DeSimone has 7 points in 11 games with Stockton, is their top-scoring defenseman, and is a RH shot. The Flames have so many options on D with how well they've been playing, it's just hard to see where Vali fits into the equation, short or long-term.

nah zadorov is terrible. His offense is not enough to make up for his miscues

it’s probably something like Treliving tell Darryl to play him so it doesn’t make him look bad. Darryl knows if Treliving gets fired, he has to do both jobs.

laugh if you want but that is the only reason to sit your developing young dman. There is no reason for Zadorov to be in the NHL. My prediction is he is going to the KHL next. Even Seattle was not dumb enough to take him.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
That was not an NHL team,they should shut it down

The Flames got a freebie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad