Flames vs. Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Calgary, simply because I want the Sedins, Edler and Lack to become available for Team Sweden in the WC. But at the same time I'd feel bad for Hiller if we were to elimiate the Flames.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Calgary, simply because I want the Sedins, Edler and Lack to become available for Team Sweden in the WC. But at the same time I'd feel bad for Hiller if we were to elimiate the Flames.

No, let Hiller burn in the coming flames of his justice. Let him suffer the ignominy of defeat at the hands of the team he turned his back on.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
No, let Hiller burn in the coming flames of his justice. Let him suffer the ignominy of defeat at the hands of the team he turned his back on.

Hiller turned his back on the Ducks? Pretty sure Bruce all but stapled him to the bench and Bob kicked him to the curb.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Just hoping that rest doesn't turn to rust

Give me the rested team every time. That's the team I'd put my money on, in terms of going the distance in the playoffs. Fatigue is a real issue, especially when you're playing every other day. Rest means a healthier team, a fresher team, and a sharper team.

The exception to this is when you're relying on one(usually a goaltender) or two players on a ridiculous hot streak. That isn't the case here. Rest is good. The playoffs aren't going to get any easier, so they need any extra rest they can get.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I wouldn't. I have no love left for that man the way he made his exit like a spoiled child.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I wouldn't. I have no love left for that man the way he made his exit like a spoiled child.

You mean after the coach disrespected him with that bush league move of announcing Gibson as the starter on the morning chalk board? I'd be bitter too.

Where is the "be careful what you wish for" choice? Neither team will be a walkover.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Give me the rested team every time. That's the team I'd put my money on, in terms of going the distance in the playoffs. Fatigue is a real issue, especially when you're playing every other day. Rest means a healthier team, a fresher team, and a sharper team.

The exception to this is when you're relying on one(usually a goaltender) or two players on a ridiculous hot streak. That isn't the case here. Rest is good. The playoffs aren't going to get any easier, so they need any extra rest they can get.

Rest is definitely important. I agree. I'm fine with a week of rest in between playoff series but I start to get nervous when it gets into the 10 day range. It's probably just me being more paranoid than anything else.

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
Doesnt matter, were going to destroy either team. Bring on whoever it will be a cake walk for the Ducks. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. :D

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
i honestly cant see either team beating us in a 7 game series, the jets were the toughest team we will play and all you have to do is look at their post series comments to see how physical our team is.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Have some of you forgot about series like '03 when most people didn't give the Ducks a chance against the mighty red wings?

Saying one team can't beat another is crazy talk. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Have some of you forgot about series like '03 when most people didn't give the Ducks a chance against the mighty red wings?

Saying one team can't beat another is crazy talk. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Of course anything can happen but I wouldn't count on Lack/Miller or Hiller turning into 03 Giguere. There's no excuse to lose to either team. The Ducks are better than both by a fair margin.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
Doesn't matter who we play. If the Ducks can't make the third round it's going to be a huge disappointment. Either team should take five games at most to dispatch of.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
I can feel the stress from a Canucks vs Ducks MBT already :thumbu:

No idea who i'd rather face. Both teams taking turns looking weak/strong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad