GDT: Flames vs Canucks in Calgary Oct 6/2018 8:00 PM MT ( CBC, SN360, CITY, SNW / Fan960)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ok... Was just a bit concerned because Smith didn't exactly have an over whelming preseason either.
Glad to hear that there's no need to be concerned. One less thing for me to worry about.

That doesn’t make any sense. I’m very worried, if Smith loses tonight I think we should blow this thing up.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ok... Was just a bit concerned because Smith didn't exactly have an over whelming preseason either.
Glad to hear that there's no need to be concerned. One less thing for me to worry about.
I used to stress about hockey, yell at the TV, throw shit, call players the C-word more so much that Tony Soprano would blush.... etc

Then I came to the realization that as much as I love it, as much as I bleed the C of Red, there is nothing I can do about what's happening on the ice and my stress levels dropped significantly.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I used to stress about hockey, yell at the TV, throw ****, call players the C-word more so much that Tony Soprano would blush.... etc

Then I came to the realization that as much as I love it, as much as I bleed the C of Red, there is nothing I can do about what's happening on the ice and my stress levels dropped significantly.

I went through this transformation a couple years ago. Also in a 31 team league, the odds of never seeing your team win in your lifetime are actually pretty good, so if that's the only instance you're going to let yourself enjoy being a fan, then watching hockey is likely to just make your life worse.

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Anyone concerned about Mike Smith's play tonight?

The only reason to be concerned with Smith is that he's a goalie who seems to play better when he faces a lot of shots. He's still the best goalie they've had since Kipper so if he can maintain a decent sv% in high danger situations I think he'll be alright.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Gonna be streaming the fights and watching the game. Bring on the Beer and Nachos!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The only reason to be concerned with Smith is that he's a goalie who seems to play better when he faces a lot of shots. He's still the best goalie they've had since Kipper so if he can maintain a decent sv% in high danger situations I think he'll be alright.
Well that doesn't help me feel a lot better as I believe we've improved our defense this year and with an improved defense Smith should see less shots.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I used to stress about hockey, yell at the TV, throw ****, call players the C-word more so much that Tony Soprano would blush.... etc

I tend to just turn the tv off and walk away if its not going well... and by not going well I mean the Flames suck that night. Then the next morning after I wake up I check the final score hoping for a miracle. BTW I always record the game so if said miracle happens I can watch the recording.
I just hate going to bed depressed.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
HNIC Brian Burke believes their will be retribution tonight against Gudbranson. Says that's why the Flames are dressing Dalton Prout. I got the impression that Burke think retribution SHOULD happen.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
HNIC Brian Burke believes their will be retribution tonight against Gudbranson. Says that's why the Flames are dressing Dalton Prout. I got the impression that Burke think retribution SHOULD happen.
I think Burke is wrong. Peters isn't the kind of coach that will dress someone for retribution, it's not his style. Prout is in because he is the #7 and without Hamonic we even softer, Prout fills that hole a little.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think Burke is wrong. Peters isn't the kind of coach that will dress someone for retribution, it's not his style. Prout is in because he is the #7 and without Hamonic we even softer, Prout fills that hole a little.
Just to add an additional thought, if we wanted retribution, we'd be dressing Peluso too.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I agree. In fact I'll be disappointed if Prout fights Gudbranson for no reason at all other than because he broke Hamonic's jaw last night. As far as I'm concerned that's bush league stuff.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I agree. In fact I'll be disappointed if Prout fights Gudbranson for no reason at all other than because he broke Hamonic's jaw last night. As far as I'm concerned that's bush league stuff.
I wouldn't be too disappointed, Prout is going to want to show something to the coaching staff and part of that might be trying to make a statement that he looks out for teammates.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I wouldn't be too disappointed, Prout is going to want to show something to the coaching staff and part of that might be trying to make a statement that he looks out for teammates.
I've got no problem with that if something happens in THIS game, but honestly I think Prout should concentrate more on playing defense, than who he can fight, and prove to the coaching staff that he's not a liability out there... If nothing else it certainly would make me more comfortable in having him as our #7 d-man.
Now saying that, I admit I haven't watched enough of Prout to say whether he's any good or not. I guess I'll see shortly.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I've got no problem with that if something happens in THIS game, but honestly I think Prout should concentrate more on playing defense, than who he can fight, and prove to the coaching staff that he's not a liability out there... If nothing else it certainly would make me more comfortable in having him as our #7 d-man.
Now saying that, I admit I haven't watched enough of Prout to say whether he's any good or not. I guess I'll see shortly.
Even after tonight, you won't have a great idea. But, Huska, he does. He knows both Prout and Andersson very well.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Hoping for a much better 60 minute effort

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad