GDT: Flames vs Canucks in Calgary Oct 6/2018 8:00 PM MT ( CBC, SN360, CITY, SNW / Fan960)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Flames host the Canucks at 8:00 p.m. MT in their 2018-19 home opener
Calgary Flames resize.png

vs
Vancouver Canucks resize.png

(graphics courtesy of WWE)

flames1.jpg

flames2.jpg

flames3.jpg

Last edited:

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Hopefully they won't disappoint especially wearing the retros. Calgary needs a winning record at home this year and we have some tough customers on the docket this month. The Flames need to start now!

Reactions: super6646

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Prout is more than a goon. I expect him to play solid defensively and play a simple game. If someone decides to rough up our rookies he will stand up and be counted. I don't expect him to go after Gudbranson. That is over with. He even apologized to Dube for the bad hit.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Prout is more than a goon. I expect him to play solid defensively and play a simple game. If someone decides to rough up our rookies he will stand up and be counted. I don't expect him to go after Gudbranson. That is over with. He even apologized to Dube for the bad hit.
Yeah, I see no reason to go after Gudbranson either, he answer the bell for the Dube hit (and apologized) and Hamonic was injured in a mutually agreed upon fight. Prout is in because he's the #7 and we need a guy that is good in front of the net with Hamonic out.

I'm really concerned with how the Hammer injury will impact our PK.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I don't expect him to go after Gudbranson. That is over with. He even apologized to Dube for the bad hit.

I expect him to go after Gudbranson, but I don't agree with it even though many people want him to. He paid his dues when he fought Hamonic. Sucks that Hammer got hurt but that's the risk you're going to take. I mean what if Prout got hurt fighting Gudbranson? Then he's gotta answer to the next guy? C'mon.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlamerForLife

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don’t think Prout needs to fight him, but if it happens it happens. Prout is not just a goon, but that is part of his role. If anything all it means is that Flames aren’t a pushover team. It’s a code and all parties know it going into tonight.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don’t think Prout needs to fight him, but if it happens it happens. Prout is not just a goon, but that is part of his role. If anything all it means is that Flames aren’t a pushover team. It’s a code and all parties know it going into tonight.
Yeah exactly, the only way Prout fights Gudbranson IMO, is if he feels it's his chance to make an impact.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Anyone concerned about Mike Smith's play tonight?

I am. In the first game he faced 22 shots and let in 4 (all of them even strength) for a 0.818 save%. He played well for the first two periods but then fell apart in the 3rd letting in 3 goals. Not exactly awe inspiring and it doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence for tonight particularly when the Flames will again be facing Markstrom who had a great game facing 35 shots and stopping 33 of them for a 0.943 save%

Reactions: Cyrano

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I am. In the first game he faced 22 shots and let in 4 (all of them even strength) for a 0.818 save%. He played well for the first two periods but then fell apart in the 3rd letting in 3 goals. Not exactly awe inspiring and it doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence for tonight particularly when the Flames will again be facing Markstrom who had a great game facing 35 shots and stopping 33 of them for a 0.943 save%
Nah. He battled really well. I think it's perfectly normal for a goalie to let in a bad one after a few goals go in quickly (on which he had no chance). Takes a ridiculous of mental toughness to not change anything in that situation. I think on the Virtanen goal, he was just overthinking things trying too hard, which is normal.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

It's seriously 1 f***ing game dude. It's not like Smith was letting in a bunch of soft goals either. The first was a 2 on 1 with a perfect shot. 2nd goal he didn't have a shot on as the puck hit a man in front, was passed to a wide open guy on the side. The 3rd was deflected but Smith wasn't able to prevent the rebound that went to a wide open Canuck as a result. The 4th was a breakaway.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Ok... Was just a bit concerned because Smith didn't exactly have an over whelming preseason either.
Glad to hear that there's no need to be concerned. One less thing for me to worry about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad