GDT: Flames vs/at Oilers Split Squad games 6pm MT, Watch on Flames site or listen on Radio

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Meh game, Flames basically dominated, Monahan looked fantastic, definitely added another gear to his game. JG had a decent game, was buzzing and doing his usual artwork with the puck.. Hathaway seems decent. Also, I love Hillers pads

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Guys, what happened on the Seto injury? I only caught the tail-end of the replay because I was watching the other game.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Meh game, Flames basically dominated, Monahan looked fantastic, definitely added another gear to his game. JG had a decent game, was buzzing and doing his usual artwork with the puck.. Hathaway seems decent. Also, I love Hillers pads

Yep, score should be a lot higher than it was. Hillers mask seems pretty tame comapred to his past ones, so I was a little bummed about that.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Surprised to read people having trouble with the feeds. had both feeds going. switching back and forth effortlessly.

Feed started working for me about halfway through the first.. Wouldn't play anything at all up until that point, was it got going though it was seamless

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
yeah what a bullet one touch pass by Reinhart
I said it before and will again, Reinhart's playmaking ability made Granlund look better than he was last season. Not that Granlund was wasn't also very good last year, but Reinhart IMO was clearly the superior player.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Was at the game in Edmonton tonight and the team actually didn't play that bad, they just lacked the offensive players. That and Ortio had a tough start, not that any goals were his fault but he gave up 3 goals in the first I think 9-12 shots.
Players that stood out for me, the most probably being Carroll. Maybe it was just me but I noticed him almost every shift he was on, in on a chance or throwing a hit.
I thought Diaz actually looked pretty good too, he moved the puck well and seems to be a smart player. I know one play he got the puck in our end and not really having a play but noticing the oilers were in the middle of a whole line change tried to quickly throw in by their bench to get a too many men call and it actually almost worked.
Beartschi didn't stand out at all for me in the first two periods, I actually had to look for him to notice he was playing. But in the third I noticed him more, he threw a decent hit and a couple of chances. Had a parshal break away just in from the hash marks but was pretty soft on his stick and got it lifted and stripped pretty easily by Shultz.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, guys that average 22 goals every 82 games through their entire career are absolutely horrible players.

Hey now, there's something to be said for a "what have you done for me lately" or "what have you done without Jumbo" mentality.

Nothing wrong with judging purely based on what you've seen, but it would probably be prudent to base a judgement off more than one game.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hey now, there's something to be said for a "what have you done for me lately" or "what have you done without Jumbo" mentality.

Nothing wrong with judging purely based on what you've seen, but it would probably be prudent to base a judgement off more than one game.
Seto also averaged 22 goals per 82 games with the Wild. He had 1 bad year. But let's just follow the group think and uneducated comments instead of actually looking at facts.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Seto also averaged 22 goals per 82 games with the Wild. He had 1 bad year. But let's just follow the group think and uneducated comments instead of actually looking at facts.

I have an open mind with the guy, and I think everyone should... he isn't on a big contract, and if he's as bad as people think, he won't be occupying a roster spot anyway.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I have an open mind with the guy, and I think everyone should... he isn't on a big contract, and if he's as bad as people think, he won't be occupying a roster spot anyway.
Exactly, but drive by posts saying a guy sucks after 1 poor year seems a little ridiculous. Especially when he has re-dedicated himself to eating better and improving his fitness levels.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009

Fact is most Jets fans wanted him gone and no GM was offering a guy who should be good for 20 goals a 1M+ deal.

Seto needs to step up and show he's one of the 10 best forwards in the organization (cause he wont win a shot-blocking or face-punching role) and if the only guys he's outplaying are Jooris and 19 year old Klimchuk that isn't good enough.

Yeah we've heard he's working harder going into this season and that's great if we see the results on the ice, like we did from both Colborne and Monahan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad