Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Flames powerplay be like

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: Fig and Tofveve

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Just curious, what’s the return we would be expecting at the deadline to begin with? If it’s a first round pick, I think it’s fair to hold onto the player and take a risk. But if it’s a 2nd and a 7th, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to take a slightly smaller return now in guatentee for something. And I have to wager, given what tanev is at this point (ideally playing 17-18 mins a night) I don’t think a first round pick is on the table.

While tanev had been remarkably healthy for most of his time in Calgary, he missed 17 games last season and 138 from 2013 to 2020.
I'd be thrilled with a 2nd & 3rd. Expecting a 2nd.

Is it worth rolling the dice hoping a desperate GM that definitely isn't Brad Treliving will offer a 1st? Maybe.

Reactions: Fig

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
And if the market dictates a Zadorov-like return of a 3rd and 5th right now and that's the offer, is that really all that much worse? I take the guarantee now versus the potential second and risk of losing Tanev for nothing if he is hurt. Especially when we still have a pick deficit these next 3 years.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Is it worth rolling the dice hoping a desperate GM that definitely isn't Brad Treliving will offer a 1st? Maybe.
When was the last time a Tanev caliber dman returned a first? Maybe Chiarot, but that was an extreme exception rather than the norm.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
And if the market dictates a Zadorov-like return of a 3rd and 5th right now and that's the offer, is that really all that much worse? I take the guarantee now versus the potential second and risk of losing Tanev for nothing if he is hurt. Especially when we still have a pick deficit these next 3 years.
You don't lose by not trading Tanev. That's the difference between him and Zadorov.

Intangibles or something.

But he gets to show the kids what a consummate professional looks like as he finishes his time with Calgary.

Still if someone gets goofy and overpays? Bye.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I'm putting on a shoegaze playlist and chillin' tonight. So I really need a win to make that more enjoyable. 🫠

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad