GDT: FLAMES v. WILD - THURSDAY - SCOTIABANK SADDLEDOME - 7

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
And what do you know, just like that they write a little piece about Byron: http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=751104&navid=DL|CGY|home

[fieldset=Paul Byron]“I can’t really tell you how I feel,” he said. “It’s never happened to me in my life before. I used to be pretty good on breakaways and for whatever reason this year they’re not going in. The key is just trying to take the positive out of it, that I’m getting them, and try not to mentally take myself down. If you think you’re not going to score you’re not. I think it’s just a matter of time before one of them finally goes in.”[/fieldset]

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
A big deal is being made of nothing because Hartley won't play Sven,Wotherspoon or Wolf. Even if they don't play, the practice is top notch. It's not like they aren't skating at all.

Eh, the forward combinations outside the top line yesterday weren't good at all. No reason to give them another go especially with Hartley's tendencies to switch things up not only after a loss, but when a line goes a single game (or somethings as little as a shift) without scoring.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Eh, the forward combinations outside the top line yesterday weren't good at all. No reason to give them another go especially with Hartley's tendencies to switch things up not only after a loss, but when a line goes a single (or somethings as little as a shift) without scoring.

I thought the third line looked okay.
The forth line did it's job alright. The second line wasn't offensive at all, which is kind of not what you want.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I thought the third line looked okay.
The forth line did it's job alright. The second line wasn't offensive at all, which is kind of not what you want.

The bottom three line defensively adequate but sub-par offensively. Not a big deal in the long run but it did cost them yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad