Friedman: Flames trying to acquire a first round pick

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
What Data?

PPG Hartman > Bennet

This season Hartman > Bennet

even strength points Hartman has 60

Bennet has 73 (while having an entire extra season of games played)

Bennet has entire season's worth of games played more than Hartman yet only has 26 more pts the gap will be a lot closer as Bennet hasnt even broken 30 pts since his rookie year while Hartman has done it twice already. As of now Hartman is rising while Bennet is falling.

yeah with all that while Bennett is almost 2 yrs younger.....in 2 yrs if Bennett only put up Hartman number than I agree he is a failure

by the way, the 2 yrs younger Bennett scores the same number of goal this year but with 5 less assists....yeah that's the big difference lol

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
yeah with all that while Bennett is almost 2 yrs younger.....in 2 yrs if Bennett only put up Hartman number than I agree he is a failure

by the way, the 2 yrs younger Bennett scores the same number of goal this year but with 5 less assists....yeah that's the big difference lol

Yet they were only a draft apart and considering bennet was drafted 4th overall while Hartman was 30th the age factor is a bit of a weak argument to cover for bennet when a top 5 pick is supposed to be a impact player or close to one within his first 3 years while we havent seen any of that from Bennet. is already a failure considering where he was drafted from. Hartman also never saw PP time as 60 of his 63 pts are all even strength while bennet has been getting PP time.

Inregards to your last sentence look at their GP. Bennet has essentially an extra season while receving power play time and the gap in points between him and Hartman is still small with Hartman on pace to have a better season (again). But yea the top 5 bust who hasnt cracked 30 points since his rookie year is still better tho

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yet they were only a draft apart and considering bennet was drafted 4th overall while Hartman was 30th the age factor is a bit of a weak argument to cover for bennet when a top 5 pick is supposed to be a impact player or close to one within his first 3 years while we havent seen any of that from Bennet. is already a failure considering where he was drafted from. Hartman also never saw PP time as 60 of his 63 pts are all even strength while bennet has been getting PP time.

Inregards to your last sentence look at their GP. Bennet has essentially an extra season while receving power play time and the gap in points between him and Hartman is still small with Hartman on pace to have a better season (again). But yea the top 5 bust who hasnt cracked 30 points since his rookie year is still better tho

Sure Bennett is a big disappointment but what does his draft position has anything to do with comparison with Hartman...LOL talking about weak argument

Age makes a big difference in development when you are 21. He and Hartman essentially produces at the same pace and Bennett still has more time to develop. You have nothing to show Hartman is or will be a better player.

BTW, Bennett has very little PP time. If you try to use that as an argument against him then it's weak also.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I might be in the minority of fellow Oilers fans but what about Oilers 1st for Hamilton BEFORE the lotto? Calgary can get lucky and land a top 3 or end up with what 8th?

This makes no sense.

The pick can only increase in value from the lottery... no motivation for the Oilers to move it before.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
No way we're doing Burke any favors !

Yeah it's kind of funny when you think about it. Calgary sucks with Burke at the helm and Gaudreau as their best player. Toronto sucked with Burke at the helm with Kessel as it's best player. Both wingers hahahahhahahah and have 2 leeches with them (Monahan and Bozak).

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Yeah it's kind of funny when you think about it. Calgary sucks with Burke at the helm and Gaudreau as their best player. Toronto sucked with Burke at the helm with Kessel as it's best player. Both wingers hahahahhahahah and have 2 leeches with them (Monahan and Bozak).

I sincerely hope you're not comparing Bozak to Monahan....

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

Yeah, but Bennett's still mediocre.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Before the draft is the key... there is a small chance that pick is Dahlin.

You quoted the poster who said that the pick will hold more value after the lottery and that Edmonton has no motivation to move the unknown pick. If I misunderstood I apologize but I thought you were stating that the unknown lottery pick of the Oilers holds less value than Hamilton.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
You quoted the poster who said that the pick will hold more value after the lottery and that Edmonton has no motivation to move the unknown pick. If I misunderstood I apologize but I thought you were stating that the unknown lottery pick of the Oilers holds less value than Hamilton.

All I’m saying, is that there is no way that pick has more value than Hamilton at this present moment.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
All I’m saying, is that there is no way that pick has more value than Hamilton at this present moment.

I don’t neccassarly agree but I see your point. If I were the Flames GM I wouldn’t trade Hamilton for the mystery box but on the flip side if I were the Oilers GM I wouldn’t be offering the unknown pick pre lottery for Hamilton. If it turns out that pick becomes 1st overall than the Oilers lose that trade horribly.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Is that supposed to be news? I dont think anybody is arguing that right now
I dont think anyone is, but by the same token, nobody should be talking about trading him either. he's 21 and thats way too soon to be making any definitive declaration about any prospect. My god just because a player isnt lights out right away.

I seem to remember Dallas drafting a forward in the 1st round that they grew disappointed with, who they traded a year and a half later, and who then had a decent rookie season, but then had all of 32 points in his next season and people were calling him a bust....but Jarome Iginla turned out ok I think.

its way too soon to be writing bennett off.not everyone develops at the same pace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad