Friedman: Flames trying to acquire a first round pick

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Who would they give up? If they want a high draft pick they'd have to give one of their top players, something I don't see them doing. Unless they finish really bad and then maybe prospects and their 2nd round pick? Why not just wait for the 2nd round?

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Leafs 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd

For

Calgary 2018 1st, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
This might sound insane, but if Canucks win the lottery I'd easily give up Tkachuk and more. Size and nastiness is overrated, especially if you can get Dahlin.

Please do. We have a problem trying to select a bona fide first-rounder, despite having early 1st picks.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
As a flyers fan I'd give up our 1st (say around 15) and Myers for Tkachuk. Probably an overpayment but that would let us deal Simmonds and still have that net front presence we need.

Am I really far off?

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
As a flyers fan I'd give up our 1st (say around 15) and Myers for Tkachuk. Probably an overpayment but that would let us deal Simmonds and still have that net front presence we need.

Am I really far off?

You're miles off. Any deal around Tkachuk would start with Provorov or Konecny and a first and go from there.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Am I really far off?

That is absolutely terrible for the Flames. The last thing the Flames need are RHS Dman. RHS wingers are their main need. A lot of Flames and Flyers fans probably won't, but I'd do Provorov and a 1st for Tkachuk, or Konency, a 1st, and a one of your good LHD prospects. That's about it.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Eh I'm kinda notorious for not being a well liked poster because of ridiculous proposals on hfFlames haha. But if Dahlin is available you give up anything to get him especially as the Flames could use a left side LHS Dman as well.

It's okay; you can't be worse than people who can't even spell players' names (i.e. Tarensako).

NitHeel

Kimmo Forever
May 20, 2009
Reading, PA
You're miles off. Any deal around Tkachuk would start with Provorov or Konecny and a first and go from there.

Could we not do this? The Flyers are obviously not moving Provorov and they're certainly not moving a first with him. Perfectly fine if you don't like the offer phlocky posted but we don't need to send the thread into the spiral of doom because of it.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Could we not do this? The Flyers are obviously not moving Provorov and they're certainly not moving a first with him. Perfectly fine if you don't like the offer phlocky posted but we don't need to send the thread into the spiral of doom because of it.

You might be undervaluing Tkachuk there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad