Friedman: Flames trying to acquire a first round pick

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
For the flames fans, what could either of Chicago's first round picks this year fetch? One will be a top 10 pick and one will be a 25-30 pick most likely

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Well, someone's not thinking that way, obviously. Have you read the posts before that?

I dont know I see more of other teams fans trying to trash the guy.

He is mediocre right now but they shouldnt give up on him. At the minimum he will have long career as an useful energy guy.

Dude works his butt off and have some good tangibles.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I dont know I see more of other teams fans trying to trash the guy.

He is mediocre right now but they shouldnt give up on him. At the minimum he will have long career as an useful energy guy.

Dude works his butt off and have some good tangibles.

Okay. I respect your opinion.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
All of the arguments for Bennett are the same ones made for Virtanen. Also forwards who have breakout seasons in their rookie season then regress isn't uncommon... as an Oilers fan I know :)

I suspect Bennett will have a Cogliano type career... useful player but not a game breaker.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
All of the arguments for Bennett are the same ones made for Virtanen. Also forwards who have breakout seasons in their rookie season then regress isn't uncommon... as an Oilers fan I know :)

I suspect Bennett will have a Cogliano type career... useful player but not a game breaker.

Even if all Bennett becomes is a useful player, it doesn't make sense to trade him for a late first. The odds of a late first becoming an NHL player are less than half, plus Calgary had already put three years into developing him. Bennett also brings solid intangibles. So if Bennett becomes a gritty 40-50 point player I'm quite happy with that and see no reason to trade him. As that's what Calgary needs and Bennett is cost controlled.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
For the flames fans, what could either of Chicago's first round picks this year fetch? One will be a top 10 pick and one will be a 25-30 pick most likely

Adam Fox for Nashville's 1st. It's a risk worth taking in my opinion, and if it doesn't work out, maybe the Flames give you a conditional 2nd/3rd in 2020 if the kid doesn't re-sign.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Adam Fox for Nashville's 1st. It's a risk worth taking in my opinion, and if it doesn't work out, maybe the Flames give you a conditional 2nd/3rd in 2020 if the kid doesn't re-sign.

Done, if we can have a discussion with him beforehand about the possibility of him signing that prove promising. If he doesn't sign, CGY gives up a 2020 2nd.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Leafs 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd

For

Calgary 2018 1st, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd

Try and follow along . Calgary takes that trade and runs far and fast . NYI probably would have something to say about it as they own Calgary 1st in 2018 for the Hamonic trade

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
yeah with all that while Bennett is almost 2 yrs younger.....in 2 yrs if Bennett only put up Hartman number than I agree he is a failure

by the way, the 2 yrs younger Bennett scores the same number of goal this year but with 5 less assists....yeah that's the big difference lol

Best to disregard post like this . They come to bash and no matter the age difference it will be over looked . HF at it finest Flame fans bashing Oiler fans , Oiler fans bash Flame fans . Everyone outside of their fans bashing TML and Montreal . Not sure why fans can't just say no to a OP with out bringing other players into it .

As far as Bennett goes . He is still young and has potential to be a very good player . He needs to adapted his style a little as he isn't big enough or strong enough to do what he did in JR at the NHL level . Calgary develop him for 3 years and aren't going to give him up only to see him reach his potential with another team . Calgary isn't in business of helping out other teams . I am also sure Calgary can find a team that will move a later 1st for a prospect + a later rd pick

Reactions: Gaudfather

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Hartman has had a lot more success compared to bennet and is a much better player.
Alot more success and much better player? That's debatable. Hartman had had slightly more success but not as big of margin you're inferring Prior to being traded Hartman had 0.40 ppg and bennet has 0.38. Hartman is slightly better but two years older. Bennett can also play C, how effective remains go be seen. Both play with some bite and grit. Bennet has gotten a bit more pp time but also kills penalties

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad