Confirmed with Link: Flames Trade Neal for Lucic (12.5% retained) and conditional 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Haha this is awful. Neal could score 30 goals playing with McDavid, that’s literally the biggest reason we should have not done this. We made the Oilers better.

Neal on the Flames will be similar players, were a little tougher but also slower. The Oilers are much better

Neal couldn't score 30 with Wayne Gretzky. He's terrible.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I am not making judgements until we hear the full details. Treliving has at the very least earned that much. At the very least Lucic does provide physicality and had some relatively good possession stats despite heavy defensive zone starts unlike Neal who killed plays all over the ice.

Reactions: Rockmorton

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I am not making judgements until we hear the full details. Treliving has at the very least earned that much. At the very least Lucic does provide physicality and had some relatively good possession stats despite heavy defensive zone starts unlike Neal who killed plays all over the ice.

I can't think of anything that would make it worth it. Even with a 1st this is a terrible deal.

Holland may not be the GM he was but he isn't an idiot like Treliving no way is he including anything more than a 3rd or 4th.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
So ummm... who is playing RW next year?

Gaudreau
Tkachuk
Bennett
Mangiapane
Dube
Lucic

We just lost Hathaway too...

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Neal wasn't bouncing back, guys. His training this summer was getting in and out of golf carts

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Given the actual dollar savings, I'm more inclined to blame ownership over Tre to be perfectly honest

Wonderful... wasn't Burke supposed to teach Tre and insulate him against this? Great to know they can pull strings again, because thats never been problematic for this team before.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
mfw Lucic bidding war

source.gif

Surely this is the first of the dominoes to fall, with the rumoured idiotic three way deal between mortal enemies actually taking place and the Flames flip Lucic for Eriksson?

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
Fire Treliving right now.

I was a huge supporter of him before this but this is fireable trade in my view. Neal sucked and wasn't close to worth the money but Lucic is not an NHL quality player. He brings nothing of value with zero upside or chance to bounce back.

Effing terrible move.

Top 5 worst trade in franchise history and this is a franchise with a history of bad deals.

I would love nothing more than Lucic booed off the ice the first game of the season to show how unwanted he is here.

Maybe wait until the details are announced before going full “Chicken Little”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad