Confirmed with Link: Flames Trade Neal for Lucic (12.5% retained) and conditional 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
We have to be retaining at least 2m on this. I have no idea why you guys would make this trade. Holy crap.

If there aren’t some significant sweeteners and this is a knee jerk “gotta be tougher for playoffs” move I’m going to lose my s***

Reactions: Sk8M8

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
mfw Lucic bidding war

source.gif

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Retain some salary, throw in puljujarvi and give us a pick. I'll wait till the full details come out but as of now I'm not a fan

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Why would we let our rivals off the hook for the worst contract in the league? Even if our return is digestible, it automatically opens up the possibility that the Oilers get better.

Neal must've seriously pissed off Peters and Treliving last year.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Looks like it's Lucic (xx% retention) + pick for Neal. Could be ok, could be really bad.

If Lucic waiving his NMC means Flames do not have to honor that (expansion draft or whatever) it's a bit easier to accept

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
We have to be retaining at least 2m on this. I have no idea why you guys would make this trade. Holy crap.

agree. this kind of trade does not happen often, and now its long time rivals. WTF Tre? (until we get details)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Looks like it's Lucic (xx% retention) + pick for Neal. Could be ok, could be really bad.

If Lucic waiving his NMC means Flames do not have to honor that (expansion draft or whatever) it's a bit easier to accept
Not exactly. He can waive the nmc to ok the trade if Calgary agrees to honour his nmc going forward.

Guys like Phaneuf who had full ntc and waives still maintained it afterwards.

They generally keep them after getting traded otherwise they do not agree to be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad