Confirmed with Link: Flames Trade Neal for Lucic (12.5% retained) and conditional 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
People talk about how they might be able to squeeze blood from a stone in Neal by force-feeding him prime ice, but they didn't have the patience to do that with Lucic. Why would they be willing to pump Neal's totals after they didn't do that with Lucic?

Uh...

Lucic was fed prime minutes in a top 6 role and power play time, for aaaaaages. Way way beyond when he had proved time and time again to be a worthless play killer.

No idea what you're talking about, you couldn't be more objectively incorrect about his time in Edmonton.

It was painful how much opportunity he got, fed undeserved minutes game after game to try and get him on track.

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
No special reason to bump this thread but I just remembered this gif exists and it always kills me
Nutcracker_d914a1_5308380.gif

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't know what you're watching, but watching him live tonight he is quite slow and the opposite of agile.

I won't hate on the guy immediately some fans are here at the dome are, but I'll be blunt when I say he looks slow af. Straight speed he's fine, but he has no agility or acceleration.

You are 100% correct, skating in a straight line he isn't really slow, it's his edge work that sucks. Last season he pretty much just went looking for hits as he wasn't effective doing anything else. For a guy as big and strong as he is, he should be one hell of a net front presence, but he doesn't screen the goalie worth a damn and tends to wait on the side of the net for tips and rebounds.

Reactions: super6646

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Neal would never score 4 goals here playing on the 3rd line and 2nd PP. good on him for getting them early in the season. Still almost 80 games to still go.

I’m happy with what Looch has brought from the first three games so far. No ones plays against Calgary with impunity anymore. Two boogeymen from last year have already been unboogeyed by Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->