Speculation: Flames to move AHL affiliate to Utica, NY?

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Craig Conroy was in Utica yesterday for the game between the Comets and the Heat and spent a lot of time talking to Comets team President Rob Esche. They even introduced Conroy to the crowd at the AUD on the video boards.

Is it typical for Conroy to be at Heat games on the road or am I reading between the lines here?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Craig Conroy was in Utica yesterday for the game between the Comets and the Heat and spent a lot of time talking to Comets team President Rob Esche. They even introduced Conroy to the crowd at the AUD on the video boards.

Is it typical for Conroy to be at Heat games on the road or am I reading between the lines here?

Trippy. With the Flames and the Heat, we've come to understand that when there's smoke there's fire. :sarcasm:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
can anyone add any insight to this article??

http://poststar.com/news/local/calg...cle_d24a5e8a-b087-11e3-ad54-0019bb2963f4.html

looks like the flames are looking for options. and word on the canucks moving in to abbotsford???

I think the article speaks for itself

The 10-year contract signed July 1, 2009, says “the
financial terms shall be reviewed after five years.†That
would be this summer.

If financial terms of the deal were changed, it might be
more difficult for the Heat to remain so isolated from
other teams — about 2,000 miles from the closest
opponent.

Glens Falls is about 50 miles from the closest opponent,
Albany, and makes day trips to seven teams. The
longest trip the Phantoms make is to Norfollk, Va.

The proximity to other teams cuts costs immensely and
also gives players more time on the ice, as opposed to a
bus.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Conroy is more or less the GM for the Heat, throw in some recent signings to ATOs and AHL contracts along with the Fact Conroy is a NY State native, I would say you are reading too much into things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad