Flames Suck, Byron Rulz!ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ The Monabae Hates Life Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Good, we need him on the ice winning defensive battles for when Colborne inevitably coughs up the puck.
Yeah who wants a player that has any toughness at all. I'd also like to take this time to point out that Colborne has been credited with 1 giveaway in 3 games this year, so Backlund who has 6 is more likely to be cleaning up his own mess. Which is plentiful considering how he has **** the bed so far this year.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
The only player on our team I dislike is Bollig. I try my best to understand some reasons certain posters give to show the value he brings, but every game Bollig does 1 or 2 things that are very noticeable in a bad way, and 0 things that are positive (except a goal every 50 games or so). He is not a good hockey player in any way, except playing physical which typically sends him to the penalty box and we lose momentum and get scored on. He really needs to go to Stockton and play as a protector for our prospects against lesser competition.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
9b68bf63a7a1ad2dedfc0e259c2b04a8.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yay, we're going to have this conversation again! :handclap:

Not sure what the objective is, here.
I'm just tired of stupid comments. Oh Bollig has 5 minor penalties one of which was a dumb interference penalty, oh my god he is killing this team!

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
And as far as the Colborne situation goes, he is a decent third liner. Sadly, just like every team we cant afford to ice all top six players. He has looked better this year and is still relatively young, has made some good hits.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bollig is effective if he's skating. Lately, his legs have been not moving at all, so he's not actually going to hit anyone doing that. He doesn't actually have terrible hands, but if he's not skating, he's not really any better than an AHLer. His advantage is toughness and size, and those are only handy if you build momentum to either hit people or bull your way around on the forecheck and in front of the net.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
And as far as the Colborne situation goes, he is a decent third liner. Sadly, just like every team we cant afford to ice all top six players. He has looked better this year and is still relatively young, has made some good hits.

And you cannot take the puck from him along the boards down low. Really wears down the opposing D and gives us time to get fresh legs out. No stat for that but it definitely helps big time.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bollig is effective if he's skating. Lately, his legs have been not moving at all, so he's not actually going to hit anyone doing that. He doesn't actually have terrible hands, but if he's not skating, he's not really any better than an AHLer. His advantage is toughness and size, and those are only handy if you build momentum to either hit people or bull your way around on the forecheck and in front of the net.
which has been the problem with the entire team. so ******** on the 4th liner makes little sense.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
which has been the problem with the entire team. so ******** on the 4th liner makes little sense.

Why aren't you defending everyone else then? And also your defense of Bollig has been "he's better in his role than Backlund is in his" which is still not a good way of saying Bollig hasn't been bad. He has been very bad. And it would be one thing if Bollig was just floating around out there not engaging, but Bollig has quite literally taken multiple bad penalties the last few games, some of which led directly to goals. So he's not above criticism.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Why aren't you defending everyone else then? And also your defense of Bollig has been "he's better in his role than Backlund is in his" which is still not a good way of saying Bollig hasn't been bad. He has been very bad. And it would be one thing if Bollig was just floating around out there not engaging, but Bollig has quite literally taken multiple bad penalties the last few games, some of which led directly to goals. So he's not above criticism.
1) Bollig is the least of the problems.
2) Why defend players that are bigger problems?
3) Bollig has played the same way he has since the he came here.
4) Wait what? He has 3 penalties in the last 3 games, none of which directly led to a goal.
5) I am just sick and tired of people picking at the low hanging fruit. Why pick at the 4th liner that barely plays? Call out the people who are actually causing the ****ing problems and not take the easy way out by going after the toughguy scapegoat

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

That's the key. Reasons to **** on Bollig at this time above anyone else:

- He is scratched, therefore it's relevant.

- He, unlike others, is completely useless if he's trying to play like a skill guy instead of as an energy guy.

- He, unlike others, has repeatedly taken bad penalties at bad times the last few games.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
- He, unlike others, has repeatedly taken bad penalties at bad times the last few games.
frankly the definition of "bad penalty" in his case gets changed because it's him. Do you honestly believe Giordano would get **** on so much for a puck over the glass penalty? So much so it's still being cried about 4 days later when it didn't result in a goal against?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
1) Bollig is the least of the problems.
2) Why defend players that are bigger problems?
3) Bollig has played the same way he has since the he came here.
4) Wait what? He has 3 penalties in the last 3 games, none of which directly led to a goal.
5) I am just sick and tired of people picking at the low hanging fruit. Why pick at the 4th liner that barely plays? Call out the people who are actually causing the ****ing problems and not take the easy way out by going after the toughguy scapegoat

Bollig had three penalties in the Islanders game alone... and one in the Sens game. But you're right, they didn't lead to goals, my mistake.

It just seems like an odd hill to die on, that's all. I would argue that sure, he's not causing the most prominent problems, but he's not exactly making it any easier either.

But whatever, this is all our opinion anyways, which means nothing in the grand scheme. Clearly Hartley thought he needed to sit so he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad