Flames Suck, Byron Rulz!ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ The Monabae Hates Life Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Habs fan coming in peace.

Is Ortio always that bad? Honestly i think i would trust our AHL goalies (Fucale and Tokarski) before him :(

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Is Ortio always that bad? Honestly i think i would trust our AHL goalies (Fucale and Tokarski) before him :(
Not always but he has the occasional game like this. Has done in in the AHL too.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

No, Ortio isn't always that bad. In fact a lot of us think he's got true #1 upside. When he's on his game he's got sharp, quick pads, a good glove hand, and is an athletic monster with great positioning and rebound control. When he's on his game he's a tough goaltender to beat. He's... not on his game.

Unfortunately for this team, not a single goaltender has any confidence in their game.
Ortio probably lost all his confidence in Winnipeg during preseason when he got the "Deryk Engelland treatment" of being left to dry multiple times.
Ramo lost his on opening night and then against the Jets when he let in the worst goal of his career.
Hiller lost his against the Blues.

The team as a whole is mentally fragile right now and the goaltending is just part of that. The team needs solid goaltending so desperately the goaltenders are pressing and getting negative results. Think Dubnyk a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad