Flames Suck, Byron Rulz!ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ The Monabae Hates Life Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm going to bed guys, after the **** week I've had and just watched this, I feel traumatized.

I feel like a change is coming for sure!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yup, Vancouver-esque brawl to start the game tomorrow.

Dirty as ****, but at least it would be entertaining. Too bad they don't have Torts to lose his ****.

We started goons against San Jose the game following that brawl, McLellan didn't bite

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Like I said, we had a solid start, we couldn't get the saves though and it broke our back. You win from the net out and our goalie situation has been just... Sigh..

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
I'm not worried. Instead of doing a bunch of single game comebacks, we're just gonna do one giant season-long comeback.

RIGHT????

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Dear 2015-16 Calgary Flames:

You have no redeeming qualities whatsoever. There is no incentive for me to watch you play.

The goaltending sucks, and a change has to be made. Reimer, Ward, Brent Krahn, I don’t care. That needs to be fixed.

I’m not even going to address the defense. When Dale Weise can score a hat-trick on you...

Congratulations to Josh Jooris for scoring his first goal of the season. Otherwise… get it together. A 2.0 GPG average simply won’t cut it in the Western Conference.

It’s early, yes, but it seems already as though this season has been lost. Unless, of course, Brad Treliving can make a trade. And I think that I can give you a hint as to who should be on his way out. 4 sure.

Signed,
Glengarry Glencross

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Honestly, after Bollig and Engelland our next fighter is... Stajan? Jones?

Don't think that'd be a good idea after all.

Haha true. Smid will fight, but I wouldn't put him at risk like that. Put Hamilton, Russell, Backlund, Gaudreau and Hudler and have them start a line brawl

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
Haha true. Smid will fight, but I wouldn't put him at risk like that. Put Hamilton, Russell, Backlund, Gaudreau and Hudler and have them start a line brawl

Unless we want to call up Big Rig and Kanzig there really is nobody else. They would make great pylons for the Oilers to skate around though.

bWo*

sit most guys and just call up deserving kids from stockton. Lets go back to always earned

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
At least Hamilton didn't look too bad. :sarcasm:

c4jt321.png

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Honestly, more than making the playoffs at this point I just want this team to

1) Get some confidence back that they're an NHL hockey team that can get NHL goaltending
2) Not develop a perennial losing culture.

I don't even care about the playoffs any more, they're not an impossible goal but they're not the end-all be-all.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
so what reactionary move is going to be made?

Nothing. Treliving isn't Sutter or Feaster; he'll wait this out. Fans have a completely unrealistic set of expectations, some of which is based on them making fools of themselves on the mainboards proclaiming how great the Flames were going to be. Treliving doesn't think like that.

If the team continues to stink, he'll sell at the deadline and look at making a coaching change in the off-season or early next year. He'll look at upgrading the goaltending, just like he did last off season. There won't be any big panic trades (e.g. Brodie to the Leafs).

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Cant win when your top 4 dmen play worse than your bottom 2
Gio struggled + massive mistake by Brodie.
Wideman and Russell weren't on the same page and turned over some movable pucks into goals against.

Need some offense vs a back up goalie, maybe we're just not good enough when we are rotating Raymond and Jooris through big scoring roles.

Ortio cannot let in that first goal it really hurts the team to see that go in, the 2nd Weise goal as much as it sucks when the team turns over a puck in front of you wasnt a great shot either. If we lose that game 3-2 instead of 6-2 with the sloppy play I wouldn't want to go back to Ramo but now you kinda need to find a guy who will make those early saves.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So... what happened? When I left to go teach, the Flames were playing really really good hockey. Last thing I saw happen was Raymond blow the chance on that open net, but we were generating chances and everything. Seeing the updates on my phone was pretty mind-boggling.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Wow, okay, just watched the highlights. I'm not going to read back through this thread, but I'm assuming everyone agrees this was basically a goalie loss?

Man, don't think 100TG is going to be eating crow on this one any time soon. Ortio is not currently an NHL goaltender. Whether that's just rust or what, he just gave us the worst goaltending performance we've seen all season long in a season where we've had very shaky goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00