Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Josh Jooris to 1-year, $975K contract

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Could even see him making Stajan wholly expendable before the year is out.
Unless he can improve on draws I don't think Stajan is expendable at all. I think with the new faceoff rules I think it will make Stajan even more important which is one of the reasons I think Bennett will spend most of his time on the wing.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I was reading something yesterday about Barkov. He was quoted as saying that the Panthers don't really do much in the way enforcing fitness, I believe his quote was "they tell me to show up in shape", basically their players are on their own come summer time which is worlds different from here in Calgary. If that's true, it was probably a culture shock for Shore when he came here.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I was reading something yesterday about Barkov. He was quoted as saying that the Panthers don't really do much in the way enforcing fitness, I believe his quote was "they tell me to show up in shape", basically their players are on their own come summer time which is worlds different from here in Calgary. If that's true, it was probably a culture shock for Shore when he came here.

Yeah; Florida is a much different environment than Calgary. It's one thing to be Juniors or Minors shape; it's something completely different to be NHL shape. Shore wasn't ready for Hartley's system, and it showed.

I fully expect him to come into camp, in Calgary shape. There will be some moves and there are probably 6 spots up for grabs on forward. Whoever wants it most now.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Honestly, I think Knight and Arnold are basically the same player, the only difference being Arnold is a year and a half younger.

Arnold certainly brings more of an edge/intensity to his game than Knight, which is generally needed to play at the NHL level.

I agree with the other posters, I do quite like Shore and was amped when we picked him up but there's so many bodies to want to use amongst our forwards, I'm not sure where he fits.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Yeah; Florida is a much different environment than Calgary. It's one thing to be Juniors or Minors shape; it's something completely different to be NHL shape. Shore wasn't ready for Hartley's system, and it showed.

I fully expect him to come into camp, in Calgary shape. There will be some moves and there are probably 6 spots up for grabs on forward. Whoever wants it most now.

Though Shore never explicitly said it, but I agree. You could tell he was a bit gassed.

Murray on his try out essentially said the same.
So did Smid when he showed up from Edmonton.

I think conditioning is way better than decades ago, but we (perhaps like the Kings) are a level above and it's secretly above many other franchise levels and a huge reason why we exploded the way we did. I don't even think our farm conditions like we condition regular roster players.

I am very curious of how many players will come into the coming season after having their first seasons under the Flame's conditioning style. Jooris is one, so are many of the rookies, perhaps even players like Raymond, Bollig etc. But I'm especially interested to see what Jooris and the other rookies will be like with this higher level of conditioning + rest over the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad