Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Josh Jooris to 1-year, $975K contract

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Meh, I was kinda unimpressed with Jooris in the second half of the season. Really hope its nothing more than a 2 year 1 M AAV.
He hasn't proven enough yet to be worth more than that IMO.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Meh, I was kinda unimpressed with Jooris in the second half of the season. Really hope its nothing more than a 2 year 1 M AAV.
He hasn't proven enough yet to be worth more than that IMO.
You mean the 2nd half of the year when he was playing through his wrist injury? The one he is still wearing a cast/brace for? Or at least was during the Stampede.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
You mean the 2nd half of the year when he was playing through his wrist injury? The one he is still wearing a cast/brace for? Or at least was during the Stampede.

Hey. The guy came out of nowhere (like literally no one other then Josh thought he had a shot to make this team).

You talk about consistency all the time. Josh played amazing in the first half. One of our best players. Then it looked like he ran out of gas and fell of a cliff. A nobody, to a great half season, to an underwhelming second half.

That doesn't scream NHL lock to me. No way I would give him long term or big money at this point. And if Treliving is a good negotiator he would be doing the same. He needs to prove he can be an everyday NHL player along with a lot of our other forwards (Granlund, Colbourne, Ferland) all have shown flashes of greatness. But until they show consistency they shouldn't be getting paid as much as a guy like Lance Bouma, who has already proven himself.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Hey. The guy came out of nowhere (like literally no one other then Josh thought he had a shot to make this team).

You talk about consistency all the time. Josh played amazing in the first half. One of our best players. Then it looked like he ran out of gas and fell of a cliff. A nobody, to a great half season, to an underwhelming second half.

That doesn't scream NHL lock to me. No way I would give him long term or big money at this point. And if Treliving is a good negotiator he would be doing the same. He needs to prove he can be an everyday NHL player along with a lot of our other forwards (Granlund, Colbourne, Ferland) all have shown flashes of greatness. But until they show consistency they shouldn't be getting paid as much as a guy like Lance Bouma, who has already proven himself.

Bruh. He’s still just 25. Last year was just his rookie year.
Give him a chance.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

You can't expect too much consistency out of a rookie, they are almost never consistent, especially after sustaining an injury. The kid played through an injury and managed to stay in the lineup, that says alot. I would be more concerned if his energy and effort fell off, but they didn't.

Who saying anything about giving him a long term deal or big money? That literally has not even been suggested.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Bruh. He’s still just 25. Last year was just his rookie year.
Give him a chance.

Where did I say he wasn't going to be good? or something along those lines? I didn't.

All I've said is, prove that he can play like he did over a longer period of time and then give him an NHL contact... Ex. Backlund, Bouma.

giving him a long term contract could really hurt if he regresses to the Josh Jooris that was a long shot to make the NHL as early as last year.

Aug 3, 2010
Classic "Prove It" deal before resigning for longer term/more money next season if all goes well. Good contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad