Confirmed with Link: Flames Sign John Gaudreau and Bill Arnold

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Calgary Flames @NHLFlames
The #Flames have signed @BillDaHurricane & @johngaudreau03 to entry-level contracts ~ http://cflam.es/ORoU33

“We are excited to welcome both Bill Arnold and Johnny Gaudreau to professional hockey after reaching agreements today on entry level contracts with the Calgary Flames,” said Flames President of Hockey Operations Brian Burke. “Bill is a solid two-way player with good offensive instincts combined with power and grit. Congratulations to Johnny on capping off an amazing college season with the Hobey Baker Award, a very well deserved achievement. Johnny is a gifted player with high end skill and smarts. We look forward to having both players, as they take the next step forward in contributing to the success of the Calgary Flames.”

:yo:

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
excited-gif22.gif

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
3 years at 1.85M pending performances bonuses, including a 92 grand signing bonus... I think mom and dad can relax for a while haha

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
3 years at 1.85M pending performances bonuses, including a 92 grand signing bonus... I think mom and dad can relax for a while haha

THe ELC max is less than $1,000,000, plus bonuses. I think they are two year contracts, or at least they will be once they play SUnday.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So damn awesome.

The Terminator and Johnny Hockey are going to be big parts of our future!!!

Thanks to Boston College for developing these guys for us.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
THe ELC max is less than $1,000,000, plus bonuses. I think they are two year contracts, or at least they will be once they play SUnday.

I'm not entirely sure but I think since Johnny is not a senior that has to do with him being able to sign a three year ELC instead.

Not entirely sure though

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Looking forward to seeing both of them in the lineup on Sunday.

I think Arnold could be centering the fourth line as soon as next year.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Looking forward to seeing both of them in the lineup on Sunday.

I think Arnold could be centering the fourth line as soon as next year.

depends if we think he has an offensive game in the NHL possibly as well.

Start him in the AHL next year imo. Although not sure how that would work with contracts. Does he still earn the same? JG too

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
To all the naysayers who thought Gaudreau wouldn't sign in Calgary: HA!!!!!!!!!!

Considering we are 4th last I don't think we could've asked for a better year. I doubt Johnny makes an immedate impact as I'm sure he'll need to put on some muscle, but my god it's good to have this kid on the team.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Sign and trade? Seems like Burke has planned this since coming here. :sarcasm:

I would only trade him for Crosby anyway.

JulianHopper*

Welcome Johnny Gaudreau and Bill Arnold

Good day for the Flames and their fans for getting two good players like Johnny Gaudreau and Bill Arnold signed. Look forward to seeing them in the lineup this Sunday.

Bill Arnold is a right handed shot as well which is a bonus seeing as the Flames currently have mostly left handed shooters.

Congratulations to Johnny Gaudreau for winning the Hobey Baker award. Big day for him and his family for sure.

Again, welcome to the Flames Johnny and Bill .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad