Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Erik Gudbranson 1 year 1.95 mil

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
There's silver-lining to this.
These guys are going to butcher this roster so bad, that we'll be horrible just in time for Beddard.
Nope. They'll stay just okay and draft 11th in 2023

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Because of Ristolainen's analytics?
The funny irony is that they keep patting on themselves on the back for cancelling the deal but instead of making moves for scoring Dmen with dubious analytics we sign duds who are bad on both ends

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Multiple giveaways, slow, and some poor passes looks like he is in mid season form already, you gotta love when guys come to a new city and bring their A game from the first moment they are there.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
If we signed him at League minimum whatever. 1.95 is kinda just baffling

The masochist in me kinda wants to see a Zadorov - Gudbranson pairing though

Reactions: Darth Vladar

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Aside from being 6'5" tall (and not overly thicc at 222 lbs) what exactly does he bring to the table? Seriously, I'd take any redeeming quality at this point.

He doesn't hit much.
He doesn't fight much.
He doesn't block a lot of shots.
He doesn't stick-puck well.
He doesn't skate overly well.
He doesn't transition to offense well (if at all).
No ploff experience.
Right handed shot, I guess that's different.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The fact Gudbranson makes a dime more than league minimum should have lead to Trelivings firing right there, I mean just calling agent to sign him should have been the last straw, but bring him in to tank for Wright, whatever.

Guy has been a bottom 5 d-man in the LEAGUE for years now.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Aside from being 6'5" tall (and not overly thicc at 222 lbs) what exactly does he bring to the table? Seriously, I'd take any redeeming quality at this point.

Right handed shot, I guess that's different.
The Babs school of hockey coaching, that's all you need. I'm not sure if Darryl aligns with the Babs school, but he must see something in Gudbranson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad