Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Erik Gudbranson 1 year 1.95 mil

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Who was the one who called this after the Richardson signing?

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I was calling this before free agency.
They were getting one of Oleksiak or Gudbranson; Sutter wasn’t going to sleep until there was no skill left on the team and just big hulking monsters.

The gap between those guys is pretty big though lol. I don't know if it were here or on CP but I read someone say that there was an Erik Gudbranson signing on the way and it kind of implied he had some insider info.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Just think. We're a Tanev injury away from running:

Hanifin-Andersson
Zadorov-Gudbranson
Valimaki-Stone

Tampa Bay esque

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Ignoring the hockey side of the deal which is horrible, in what world does it make sense to do this deal when Stone has literally just been signed to be the 9th d-man. Just looking purely at the numbers game on the back-end, how does he fit in? Mackey/Kylington seemed fine enough as the 6/7 in my mind, and Stone would've been a fine replacment if things went wrong. There's absolutely no reason for the Flames to make this deal.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Our D is solidified now.

Hanifin - Tanev - HAVE to be as good as last season or were screwed
Zadorov - Andersson - HAVE to be atleast at their peaks to be average
Valimaki - Gudbranson/Stone - Valimaki loses another development year and they get destroyed night after night
Kylington - Mackey - These guys should just pray they get claimed on waivers

Reactions: TheHudlinator

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
When Treliving said he was going to make big changes to the roster... well I just didn't think this was what he meant.

Out

Ryan
Rinaldo
Robinson
Simon
Leivo
Nordstrom
Nesterov

In

Coleman
Pitlick
Zadorov
Gudbranson
Richardson
Lewis

Reactions: Darth Vladar

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The good news is... The Flames finally got themselves a TOP 3 Draft Pick!

Capture.JPG

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
As bad as the Stone signing is, one of the dumbest signings of all time, this is still worse. Not only is Gudbranson somehow worse than Stone, but makes near 3 times as much.

f***ing lol

Hope Gaudreau walks in the off season and Flames get nothing back. I don't even have to hope, he's going to and he should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad