Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Bryce Van Brabant to 2-year ELC

Aug 3, 2010
Really? I haven't seen anyone else with gripes about the signing/caphit.

finger-people-together.jpg

Missing a few others but the majority of his group's there. :laugh:

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Really? I haven't seen anyone else with gripes about the signing/caphit.

I did/do.

At the time we had Bouma and Grats on the 4th line so I didn't understand why we need another fighter. The contract isn't an issue, just the need for someone like him is. Might as well have signed Tootoo who could at least put up a few more points.

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
Tootoo is too old, This signing adds depth, size, and youth to the lineup and all it cost was a contract. The fact that a number of other teams were also looking to sign him means more than one person sees potential in this kid. The $ does not matter. the fact he is or could get paid more than our first rounders or other draft picks is as other have pointed out due to the competitiveness needed to attract him. being 2 years and where we are cap wise this is a very low risk signing.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Tootoo is too old, This signing adds depth, size, and youth to the lineup and all it cost was a contract. The fact that a number of other teams were also looking to sign him means more than one person sees potential in this kid. The $ does not matter. the fact he is or could get paid more than our first rounders or other draft picks is as other have pointed out due to the competitiveness needed to attract him. being 2 years and where we are cap wise this is a very low risk signing.

Wait... are we still talking about Westgarth?

I know I've been off topic, and I'll stop, but my comments were for Westgarth.

I like the BVB signing.

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
Wait... are we still talking about Westgarth?

I know I've been off topic, and I'll stop, but my comments were for Westgarth.

I like the BVB signing.

LOL

It seems that JulianHopper is the only one questioning the BVB signing, then we all got off topic onto having so many bottom 6 players (goons) on the team where the debate of Westgrath the worst player came into play.

I do not think Westgrath is returning next season, BVB is his replacement. Westgrath is also on the wrong end of his career being 30. Big Ern still has 1 more year on his contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad