Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Austin Czarnik [2 years, $1.25M]

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Cheap 4th line centre/rw. Guess that likely means Ryan is centering the 3rd line and Jankowski goes to the wing.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This is a depth signing, but he was over a PPG in the AHL last season, and had 4 assists in 10 NHL games. A good roll of the dice by Treliving.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
This is a depth signing, but he was over a PPG in the AHL last season, and had 4 assists in 10 NHL games. A good roll of the dice by Treliving.

Read(can't remember where) that Czarnik was mentioned as a strong candidate for a breakout season.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Edmonton Oilers said to be interested in Boston Bruins prospect Austin Czarnik

A bit of insight, I guess.

Czarnik has some talent, but I think he’s a AAAA player. Not enough speed or strength to be consistent NHL player.”
Asked what an “AAAA” player is, he said: “It’s usually a baseball term. It means a player that’s stuck somewhere between a top minor leaguer and one that’s a big league player. A tweener… He’s had bigger opportunities than 4th line duty. The kid played 49 games of mostly third line duty two years ago. He didn’t do enough with it. Like Seth Griffith and like Alex Khokhlachev before him, I think he’s a AAAA player… He’s not fast. He’s quick, but he can’t consistently play fast at the NHL level. His skating legs go away after a game or two. I’ve seen it happen every time he gets called up to the NHL. He needs to play full speed to be effective and he can’t consistently do it.”

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Everyone seemed to be in on this dude. Glad we got him. But yeah Lazar is as good as gone

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I don't think the Flames are ready to give up on Lazar yet.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Depth.
This guy strikes me as a tweener who maybe didn't get a good shake yet.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It probably (hopefully?) won’t be for much so likely not a big deal but he doesn’t seem like a guy who will contribute much.

But I guess better to bring a guy like him up instead of Tanner Glass for depth.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Seems like a good guy to have on the fourth line.
Anyone think that Tre's got some deals pending? We have an abundance of depth at this time.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
This is a guy with a wide range of possibilities here.

He could literally come to camp, light it up and win a spot on the top line and end up with 50 points as he has a ton of skill and offensive ability.

Or he could flame out hard, get sent to Stockton and be one of the top scorers on the farm team.

Or anything in between.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Anyone think that Tre's got some deals pending? We have an abundance of depth at this time.
That thought crossed my mind too.

Good signing here, looks like he’s got some offence.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I'd like to see him trade Lazar and Stone, for sure. Don't care about the return as long as it makes space on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad