Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Austin Czarnik [2 years, $1.25M]

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
AC posted this over at cp - from athletic article about Czarnik:

Player-A.png

Player A is Yanni Gourde, Player B is Czarnik.

Gourde just put up a 25G+39A season for Tampa

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The more I read about this kid, the more I like this signing. Seems like a nice low-risk signing that has the potential to pay off handsomely.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Yeah, the contract alone was a given he was pretty much guaranteed a spot in the top 12. Organizations don't sign guys to 1M+ contracts just to compete for spots.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Hey Calgary fans - Bruins fan here. You are going to like Czarnik. He is a little buzzsaw out there...and he usually finds ways to produce, even at the NHL level. Not sure he is a Yanni Gourde type, though the development path and stats are nearly identical. He is who he is...and he is a lot of fun to watch.

If Peters gives him the opportunity, he could be a really nice two-way piece to your bottom six...and he has enough skill to fill in if a top 6'er goes down. Great kid, too.
Enjoy!

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Hey Calgary fans - Bruins fan here. You are going to like Czarnik. He is a little buzzsaw out there...and he usually finds ways to produce, even at the NHL level. Not sure he is a Yanni Gourde type, though the development path and stats are nearly identical. He is who he is...and he is a lot of fun to watch.

If Peters gives him the opportunity, he could be a really nice two-way piece to your bottom six...and he has enough skill to fill in if a top 6'er goes down. Great kid, too.
Enjoy!

Thanks for the info. Excited to see him...If he can turn into Gourde, we'll be laughing.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I want to try him with Tkachuk and Lindholm, I think those three could compliment each other very well

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
It'll be interesting to see where he can fit in the lineup, cause he can provide even more flexibility if he can gel with any combo on the top 9.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'd like to see Czarnik with Bennett and Lindholm at some point. I think that line could do some real damage

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I want to see Czarnik with Bennett and Janko, they can grow together and Czarnik is more of a playmaker than anything, so him getting the puck to Bennett and Janko should only help their numbers.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I want to see Czarnik with Bennett and Janko, they can grow together and Czarnik is more of a playmaker than anything, so him getting the puck to Bennett and Janko should only help their numbers.

My thoughts as well.

Though if Bill Peters brought his magic bullet to Calgary, we'll see all the combos under the sun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->