GDT: Flames @ Sens Mar. 8 - One Pesky Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Do we sit Puemps after that or give him a vote of confidence? Kid seems to take THE dumbest penalties that cost us all the time. Well that's the second time I've seen it anyways :P

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-08%20at%209.56.03%20PM.png

Russell has been great for the Flames lately, it's nice to see him settle his career down and have a good run. His game has evolved a lot over the years, good on him.

I mean, it sucks to see him do it against us, but in general I like it.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
2 points is 2 points, but I'm still pretty mad about it.

Sitting all 5 guys back like that with 0 forecheck and just letting the Flames come wave after wave was never going to work.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Those couldn't have been the in house selections.

Russell to me was definitely first star. Hiller gets 3rd star for keeping his team in the game. 2nd star...doesn't really matter, no one on the Senators really seemed to deserve it.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Russell has been great for the Flames lately, it's nice to see him settle his career down and have a good run. His game has evolved a lot over the years, good on him.

I mean, it sucks to see him do it against us, but in general I like it.

I wanted Murray to pick him up a while ago, always been a fan

Karlsson2Turris*

Yeah I was really impressed with Russel tonight. Seems like their go-to guy with Gio out

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Sens are a puck pursuit, hard fore check in your face team.

They were just that for 40 minutes. They were the complete opposite the last period leading into OT as well

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
No, traping was a big part of the problem. We put zero pressure on them as they brought the puck up ice instead opting to line up at the blueline. They were able to enter the zone with speed and that's why we ended up chasing the puck. With a 4 goal lead, sure you play safe, but take the game to them, don't sit back like that. No good comes from it.

looked to me like we lost every puck battle and caved in once the puck was in the zone watching only the puck carrier. I consider the lack of effort and confidence a bigger factor

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Do we sit Puemps after that or give him a vote of confidence? Kid seems to take THE dumbest penalties that cost us all the time. Well that's the second time I've seen it anyways :P

Could have been a very different game had he scored instead of hitting iron, and not decided to nail that guy without the puck,

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

I'm not sure why he's still up here.

I don't care about his dumb penalties - I just think he was slightly worse than Prince. Why is he getting so many more games?

Oct 10, 2010
trapping wasnt a problem. chasing the puck and playing with no urgency was

This forward group can get lazy at times and asking them to play defensive first when up 4-0 wasn't necessary,IMO

They were playing fine all game long until the system changed.

I get they aren't the only team that does this, i just don't agree with it when you out play a team badly for 2 periods.

No adjustment is needed.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
This game didn't cost us. And we can learn from that 3rd period...like how not to play like a herd of musk oxen in front of Andy. How about we forecheck next time?! And obviously, we send down Puempel and play Prince or Greening for Boston (not after)

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I'm not sure why he's still up here.

I don't care about his dumb penalties - I just think he was slightly worse than Prince. Why is he getting so many more games?

Offensively, I'm in the opinion that he has shown a lot more than Prince did (albeit Prince had much less opportunity). Prince had much more composure and played a much more mature game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad