GDT: Flames @ Sens Mar. 8 - One Pesky Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 44m 44 minutes ago
Anderson may get a start here tomorrow. Cameron says he has to play at some point. Worried about Hammond and fatigue. #Sens

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 33m 33 minutes ago
No real update on Phillips. "It's one step forward, two steps back situation," said Cameron. One day back feels fine, the next no. #Sens

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 32m 32 minutes ago
MacArthur and Lehner were at the rink today. Both still have concussion symptoms. #Sens

BigBush*

I will be obnoxiously drunk in a bar in Calgary cheering on the boys tomorrow.
Its gonna be awesome. Don't let me down boys!

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
My Hometown team vs. Favourite team

GO Favourite team GO!

....nice to see the Flames doing well though.

Me too :sarcasm:

Sens are my number one, Flames are my distant number 2. Was a huge fan of Iginla (Still am) and always loved the flames. Now that Monahan is there, hard to hate them.

Regardless, GO SENS GO!

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Wouldn't be surprised if Phillips retires.

I'm more inclined to think he goes on LTIR and continues collecting a cheque through the end of next season. Have to think his contract was insured, so the only harm it does is counts as a contract against the max (or does it?).

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Another tough game

I have to think that Anderson gets the nod here if he can suit up, Hammond needs a break

Blotto71

May 12, 2013
Over There
If Anderson is ready he needs to start. Can't think of any good reason not to put him in. This run by Hammond has hopefully allowed him to focus on shaking off the rust during practice so he'll be 103% for the Flames.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
If Anderson is ready he needs to start. Can't think of any good reason not to put him in. This run by Hammond has hopefully allowed him to focus on shaking off the rust during practice so he'll be 103% for the Flames.

As long as EK is above 93.8% we'll be okay this game :sarcasm:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If Anderson plays, the Sens need to protect him just like they have protected Hammond on the west coast trip. The worst thing that the Sens can do in this game is give up quality chances on a goalie who hasn't played in more than a month.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
If Anderson plays, the Sens need to protect him just like they have protected Hammond on the west coast trip. The worst thing that the Sens can do in this game is give up quality chances on a goalie who hasn't played in more than a month.

It's astonishing how different a team can play in front of different tenders. I hope the same - we keep providing support in front, clearing second and third chances. Just because Andy is in goal shouldn't mean the D can slack off while putting more focus on the offensive game.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Not sure where I heard about it (mostly likely TGOR) but someone said that Murray was livid that the team started playing this well for a callup and really let the team have it that they couldn't play like that for Lehner or Anderson

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Not sure where I heard about it (mostly likely TGOR) but someone said that Murray was livid that the team started playing this well for a callup and really let the team have it that they couldn't play like that for Lehner or Anderson

I actually heard this too, on the radio as well. Makes sense, I'd be pissed off at my team too given the situation.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I for one agree with Murray. Too be so inconsistent with Lehner and Anderson in net and then all of a sudden win 5 games in a row with Hammond in net would be very frustrating to a gm. .

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
The Flames are hot and are on a roll. We on the other hand have to keep pressing and making smart decisions with and without the puck. Make the most of our opportunities & protect our own end like it's game 7! Do not take the foot off the accelerator if we get up by a goal or two either. Hoping Andy gets the start for this one for obvious reasons. EK needs to play at his usual game level as of late, maybe 96%? :sarcasm: A team I don't mind however is Calgary though. Should be a good one!

:sens

Last edited:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I'm more inclined to think he goes on LTIR and continues collecting a cheque through the end of next season. Have to think his contract was insured, so the only harm it does is counts as a contract against the max (or does it?).

There is more to claiming insurance than simply saying you are hurt though. This is a reasonable approach if his back has gone and it stays bad for the next 12-15 months, but most injuries like that heal up at some point.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I never expected to be so excited about a Sens game this deep into the season after the first few months. I'm thoroughly enjoying this ride. I think I'll be there and will definitely be there vs. the Bruins. The Bruins games are basically playoff games and I expect the atmosphere at CTC to reflect that.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
LTIR doesnt simply free up cap space.

Ottawa wouldn't currently gain any cap space from Phillips on LTIR.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Is Wiercioch in ? I might have to try round 2 with his drinking game.

Blotto71

May 12, 2013
Over There
There is more to claiming insurance than simply saying you are hurt though. This is a reasonable approach if his back has gone and it stays bad for the next 12-15 months, but most injuries like that heal up at some point.

You are, of course, correct, but I don't think we'll have to wait 12-15mths for that diagnosis (maybe if Phillips was younger, but not now IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad