Post-Game Talk: Flames @ senators- march 8th- battle of the pesky

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Anytime a goalie gives up four goals in one period he deserves criticism. The Sens may have fallen asleep at the wheel in the 3rd period, but there were definitely stoppable pucks that went past Anderson tonight. He may have not been the biggest reason for the 3rd period collapse, but he certainly played his part.

I'd still start him versus Boston though.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Biggest game of the season so far coming up.

Hopefully we dont fold like a lawn chair as we do quite a bit in huge games.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
It seemed a lot of people were complaining about Gryba and Boro, but according to the NHL stats they were +3 and +2 repectively. Methot and Karlsson were the only negatives on the team -2 and -1 respectively.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
What? We dominated play for 40 minutes. In that span we scored 4 goals, hit a number of posts and got robbed by Hiller on numerous occasions.

CGY played well for 20 minutes, got a couple goals off fortunate bounces and lucked their way into a point.

We were the better team in that game no doubt.

Calgary is a fast, pesky, relentless and well coached team. They are/were on their own winning streak. Personally that was a relentless effort by Calgary not really a collapse by us. We pulled it together and were solid to end the game and the OT.

This was a beauty game to watch live... Even if the end was stressful.

After we went 4-4 we saw another level on Karlsson. He normally looks effortless and graceful because he is so good. He played possessed to end the game. Played with an effort I have never seen from him maybe. No results but the sick shootout goal in scoring but he broke up a bunch of Calgary plays. Loved that. Playoff Karlsson.

This team gets an A- on the effort and Andy an A in goal despite letting in 4. He was in a firing range. Came through in the shootout. Coulda been a star. Love Anderson. He is back. Hopefully Hammond stays hot too.

Great effort. The Flames were an awesome force and we still got 2 points.

Love this team! Playoffs or not... This is a team worth paying to watch.

BigBush*

I'm not mad about the blown lead. It should serve a lesson the guys against Boston that they need to play a complete 60 minute game if they want to win

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
B_nxfuRU0AAkqsw.jpg:large

Bruins schedule looks tougher than ours. If we win the head-to-head matchups, we got this.

55sensfan

Apr 24, 2012
All 4 Calgary goals came off far centre slot shots that the Sens had absolutely no coverage on. Disgraceful. Basically, just let them rip them off point blank.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
The first 45 minutes were.

The last 15 minutes were just **** covered with more **** pooped out by another ****.

They pulled it together after it was 4-4. OT was good. That is a huge positive.

Anyway a collapse only matters if you end the game bad. We really didn't. Anderson and the team played hard after it quickly got to 4-3.

I was there and I was a bit stressed... But I wasn't losing it a d neither did Anderson or the rest of the team.

Also Condra-Lazar-Pageau rock the boards. Memories of Arvedsson-Bonk-Hossa or something. Pageau and Lazar finish their checks and Condra was in so many dangerous spots offensively. Hope we can resign him.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
on february 10th we were 14 pts behind boston. Now we're 5 pts back.
so a 10-1-2 run has got us about 2/3 the way there. We still need 5-6 more wins than losses the rest of the way.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Turris was lucky late in the game when he gave a love tap to the front pants legs of the Calgary player he was chasing and the guy fell down in the open ice. It was a similar thing that Simmonds did against Boston and they called a penalty and it ended up gaving the game to Boston. I winced when I saw it but the play carried on. I'm sure a few refs would not have missed the chance to call that on us.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
What's the deal with Alfie up in the box with Murray?

Got like a 2 minute standing ovation.... comeback! Well maybe not... But maybe come back to Ottawa? Great fans tonight. Despite it being a small crowd. Too expensive tickets for the 300 uppers. $70 all in for most of the upper 300's. Team needs to price them lower. They were half empty in upper 300's.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
on february 10th we were 14 pts behind boston. Now we're 5 pts back.
so a 10-1-2 run has got us about 2/3 the way there. We still need 5-6 more wins than losses the rest of the way.

Those two games against Boston are going to be absolutely huge.

Not sure how I am going to get through them:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad