Confirmed with Link: Flames Place Stone On Waivers For Buyout

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Do you follow the KHL religiously or something? I doubt that any Flames fan knows anything about him

No but I have seen the “quality” of KHL guys coming over to know that it is a garbage league with garbage players.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
2nd best league in the world. Super garbage

Debatable if it’s better than the AHL or not but yes in terms of the NHL it’s garbage.

2nd best can still be a huge downgrade from the best and in this case it is.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Debatable if it’s better than the AHL or not but yes in terms of the NHL it’s garbage.

2nd best can still be a huge downgrade from the best and in this case it is.

So if we had one of the best defenseman in the AHL would you not want him anywhere near the team?

No one is saying Yeselin is going to come over here and dominate. We just think he’s an interesting player who at worst will be really solid in the AHL and maybe has some bottom pair potential

You’re so negative about everything and there’s never a grey area. All black and white, really puts a downer on coming to the board

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
So if we had one of the best defenseman in the AHL would you not want him anywhere near the team?

No one is saying Yeselin is going to come over here and dominate. We just think he’s an interesting player who at worst will be really solid in the AHL and maybe has some bottom pair potential

You’re so negative about everything and there’s never a grey area. All black and white, really puts a downer on coming to the board
Not to mention our #1a goalie came from the Czech league, which is the 4th or 5th best league?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

If the top AHL defenseman was 23 no I would not be that keen on adding him at all. I would hope we could add better talent to that to our roster.

And I am not close to negative about everything just not a complete homer and I am willing to take realistic view about the team and it’s players.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
If the top AHL defenseman was 23 no I would not be that keen on adding him at all. I would hope we could add better talent to that to our roster.

And I am not close to negative about everything just not a complete homer and I am willing to take realistic view about the team and it’s players.

Sorry you’re right I forgot 23 was over the hill. Especially for defenseman they tend to peak at 22 then it’s all down hill

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Sorry you’re right I forgot 23 was over the hill. Especially for defenseman they tend to peak at 22 then it’s all down hill

It’s not over the hill but it also isn’t an age where guys take big steps either.

This guy hasn’t shown anything in his career to indicate he will be anything more than a meh AHL player and him being 23 he has had plenty of time to show if there was anything there.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Stone getting bought out?

HaOdbfE.gif

Does the buyout window not happen before the seasons starts?
Technically, this is before the season starts. ;)

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Can you re-sign a guy you buyout at a more reasonable contract?

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Can you re-sign a guy you buyout at a more reasonable contract?
I believe you have to wait until the next free agency.

It's kind of like the Pittsburgh scenario with Hagelin, where since Pit retained on Hagelin, they can't reaquire him until the next season (I bring this up because apparently they were interested in reaquiring him at the tdl last year but they traded him already and retained on him to LA).

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Pretty dumb contract to begin with but hard to see injuries coming like that. Wish Stone well, he had some good and some bad stretches here but I thought he was a decent bottom pairing PKer.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Aug 3, 2010
By all accounts Stone was a good guy and a serviceable defender.
Just paid too much in a cap world + unforeseen debilitating injury = cap casualty.
One of Calgary's better depth defenders post-lockout and that's a lot of bench warmers he's beating out.

Onwards to Tkachuk's contract announcement!

Reactions: Volica

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad