Proposal: Flames - Pitt

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Murray + McCann for Bennett + 2nd rd

Flames get a goalie and 3rd line center replacement for Bennett.

Pens get a better fit for their 3rd line and regain a pick after moving their first in the Kap trade.

Close?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

Pens get a better fit for their 3rd line and regain a pick after moving their first in the Kap trade.

Close?

Makes no sense for both teams.

Reactions: Dan403

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Calgary says hell no.

Bennett can stay, even if he sucks *** in the reg season but continues to be a playoff monster. We need more of those, not less.

We could potentially be interested in trading for Murray if we were to trade Rittich and/or move on from Talbot. Rittich would be a decent backup behind Jarry and is on contract for a year more at 2.75m. Obviously Calgary would add.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Calgary says hell no.

Bennett can stay, even if he sucks *** in the reg season but continues to be a playoff monster. We need more of those, not less.

We could potentially be interested in trading for Murray if we were to trade Rittich and/or move on from Talbot. Rittich would be a decent backup behind Jarry and is on contract for a year more at 2.75m. Obviously Calgary would add.

Nah I knew it would be a stretch but thought since Bennett had a bad regular season there might be interest. The Pens dont need a goalie back. They would be looking for a 3rd line center.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Nah I knew it would be a stretch but thought since Bennett had a bad regular season there might be interest. The Pens dont need a goalie back. They would be looking for a 3rd line center.

There's always Ryan. If the Flames could save cap by moving Ryan and getting McCann, Pens fans would not be disappointed. Your PK would be one of the best in the league with Ryan and Kapanen as the PK1 forward duo.

I would hate to see Ryan go. He has done very good things in Calgary and I don't see why he wouldn't in Pittsburgh behind Crosby and Malkin.

Reactions: Fig and Rockmorton

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
There's always Ryan. If the Flames could save cap by moving Ryan and getting McCann, Pens fans would not be disappointed. Your PK would be one of the best in the league with Ryan and Kapanen as the PK1 forward duo.

I would hate to see Ryan go. He has done very good things in Calgary and I don't see why he wouldn't in Pittsburgh behind Crosby and Malkin.

I don't think you would save much. McCann is looking around 3 mill a year too.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Ryan is a player I think we should move. I like him and he's done good things for us, but he is going to be a 4c here next season if Bennett stays in the middle like it looks like he will.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I do see why Flames fans would be hesitant to trade Bennett. However back in February Scott Roblin had Bennett as the #1 player the Flames should trade. Also in June there was an article on SBnation that says the Flames should trade him, and the corresponding poll was 56% in favor of trading him. So there is some people that follow the Flames that think the team would be better off without him. Now, I know that this was before the current playoffs and I know how good Bennett, Dube and Lucic looked together. However, the Knights, Oilers, Coyotes and Canucks are getting better, so the playoffs are not a given for Calgary, and having a line that only produces in the playoffs won't help. Talbot and Riitich are not likely to be the goalie tandem to carry them to the cup. I can see something around Murray for Bennett working for both sides.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The problem with Bennett is he has played wing the whole time and he’s an awful winger. Good Center though, can’t see us trading him now that he finally looks effective (although maybe it would be smart as he usually useless in the regular season)
Could the Flames run with Backlund at 1 C and Bennet at 2C? Monahan gets traded. Imo Monahan has very good trade value, even more than Gaudreau.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

RSPens

May 25, 2015
The problem with Bennett is he has played wing the whole time and he’s an awful winger. Good Center though, can’t see us trading him now that he finally looks effective (although maybe it would be smart as he usually useless in the regular season)
If the Flames are ever going to trade him, his value is currently at it's highest. Most people only remember what has been done lately, so they probably aren't too concerned with his regular season numbers as much as they are with what he did in the playoffs. I'm just having wet dreams thinking about how fun it would be to see Bennett and Tanev hitting everything that moves.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Treliving would be a complete bonehead to move Bennett right now. Keep him at C and surround him with actual NHL talent and half way through next season his value is in a completely different stratosphere all together.

Playing on the wing with the slug that is Mark Jankowski is a death sentence for any player.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Close?
NO NOT CLOSE .... Bennett and brodie for murray and McCann. Brodie signs of course .. .. this is fair value... mcann over Bennett and brodie slight more than murray ...there is a trade between these 2 teams for sure

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I feel like you'd be lucky to get either of the Pens assets for that.

Huh?

Calgary does not swap Bennett for McCann. McCann has a history of better regular season points, but Bennett is much much much better in the post-season. McCann has very little value, and unlike Bennett has no intangibles.

Murray had an awful year, and has been replaced as the #1. The Flames don't want him.

Reactions: Boomstick

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

Close?
To Calgary
M. Murray

To Pittsburgh
N. Hanifin

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Huh?

Calgary does not swap Bennett for McCann. McCann has a history of better regular season points, but Bennett is much much much better in the post-season. McCann has very little value, and unlike Bennett has no intangibles.

Murray had an awful year, and has been replaced as the #1. The Flames don't want him.
Flamss most certainly want him... this is common knowledge. Murray is an upgrade over anything there now. Mccann way more upside than Bennett. Not even close... not sure pens even think about that straight up... mcann over Bennett any day...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad