Flames might sit Baertschi for game against Oilers

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
He has been good but I would love to have a big physical player with Widemen not to mention playing Brodie with Sarich would allow him to focus on offense even more.

With the exception that Sarich isn't put out in offensive situations, unfortunately if Brodie was on the 5/6 pairing he would rarely get in on offensive faceoff scenarios.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Biased on being on the 4th line for 1 game? He sees more ice time than Galy in Montreal and he plays with Prust. Sven doesn't look the same as before he got hurt he looked great on the Heat, I personally think he isn't 100% right now.

I said if this trend continues meaning if they leave him on the 4th line all season. I know hes not 100% but the way they are developing him is terrible. Either promote him or send him down dont leave him in the middle with less than 10min of ice time a game.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
With the exception that Sarich isn't put out in offensive situations, unfortunately if Brodie was on the 5/6 pairing he would rarely get in on offensive faceoff scenarios.

So far this year Sarich has started 48% of his shifts in the offensive zone Brodie has started 33% and Sarich ends 50% of his shifts in the offensive zone Brodie ends 12%, playing with Sarich would give him less minutes but much weaker competition and more offensive chances, I think it would do alot for his game.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I said if this trend continues meaning if they leave him on the 4th line all season. I know hes not 100% but the way they are developing him is terrible. Either promote him or send him down dont leave him in the middle with less than 10min of ice time a game.

Yes but 1 game is not a trend it is simply 1 game lets wait a week or two and see where we are to start calling this trends.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Yes but 1 game is not a trend it is simply 1 game lets wait a week or two and see where we are to start calling this trends.

I know its just a game and its too early.. but at the same time the flames got their first win saturday and our top9 has been great. Who do we take out to put Sven? I wana say Stajan but we need him as a two way/FO winning center. And Hartley likes to run on 3 lines soo somethings gota give.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
So far this year Sarich has started 48% of his shifts in the offensive zone Brodie has started 33% and Sarich ends 50% of his shifts in the offensive zone Brodie ends 12%, playing with Sarich would give him less minutes but much weaker competition and more offensive chances, I think it would do alot for his game.

Interesting, I didn't see that watching the game, where do you get these numbers by the way, I'd be interested to see them.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I know its just a game and its too early.. but at the same time the flames got their first win saturday and our top9 has been great. Who do we take out to put Sven? I wana say Stajan but we need him as a two way/FO winning center. And Hartley likes to run on 3 lines soo somethings gota give.

If stemps cools down he takes his spot until then he is either on the 4th line or goes to Abbs for a few weeks.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I thought because of his age he was able to play in the AHL without burning a year off his deal.

He'd have to be assigned now as his next NHL game is game #10.

Huh? No, his next game is game 5 this season. He gets 9 games per season before a year is burnt off.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Went to the Flames website to see if they had interviewed Hartley about it yet, and apparently Brossoit was in a fight the other night :S who knew.

Don't go to the prospect board as apparently he is mentally weak because he lets in the odd bad goal but Subban is a lock to be a great goalie :laugh:

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Don't go to the prospect board as apparently he is mentally weak because he lets in the odd bad goal but Subban is a lock to be a great goalie :laugh:

Subbans never let in a goal before in his life, every time a goal is scored on 'Subban' it's because an imposter has kidnapped him, and taken his place in order to ruin his perfect career GAA and SP.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Subbans never let in a goal before in his life, every time a goal is scored on 'Subban' it's because an imposter has kidnapped him, and taken his place in order to ruin his perfect career GAA and SP.

:laugh: That sounds about what their arguments are, I love the Canada cut Brossiot for a reason when Subban choked at the tournament so maybe their choice was wrong?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
According to @SUNGilbertson Hartley said "A little injury. Im just assuming that its nothing bad, but he couldn't keep going."

I hope he's right, well find out more tommorow

It's a good thing we don't play until thursday so he has time to heal but if he couldn't keep going it can't be that little.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Not too worried, they'll just send him down for conditioning if he is injured. (once he gets back)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad