Flames @ Kraken

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Whining about the other team's tactics is the mark of a bad team and the same goes for the fanbase.

Really, a game here or there to start the season means little but after a good 10 or so you kind of see what you have, and this team misses their subtractions, the replacements haven't lived up to expectations and a number of players who had good years last year are either having bad years (so far) or are just okay but not great.

Bottom line, this is a bad hockey team and only has a chance at the playoffs because the division is mostly rubbish.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Well, that was an absolute stinker.

Once again we give up a goal with less than two minutes left in the (2nd)period and that gave the momentum to the Flames.
We also got outworked in this one and had hardly any offense until about the end of the third period.
You're not going to win anything playing like that.

Most likely someone who's still not on the team.
To me Beniers is a player in the mold of a Jonathan Toews who plays a solid 200 feet game, can score at a goo(but not great) pace and won't be the guy creating the offense consistantly.

Toews did have a guy called Patrick Kane on his wing and we've got nothing like that at this point.

Yep.
Things like that are making rounds in this league pretty fast.
The Kraken got absolutley bullied by the Rangers, the Red Wings also took some liberties and teams know that there won't be much of a push back by the Kraken in regards of physical play.

So I guess Ron will trade for Tom Wilson now....:sarcasm: :scared:
Great point about being out worked. They were out hustled all night, and too many times spectators on defense. Still want to know Wenbergs explanation of why he went stickless for about 45 seconds when the stick was at his feet at times. Pick it up or skate off.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Whining about the other team's tactics is the mark of a bad team and the same goes for the fanbase.

Really, a game here or there to start the season means little but after a good 10 or so you kind of see what you have, and this team misses their subtractions, the replacements haven't lived up to expectations and a number of players who had good years last year are either having bad years (so far) or are just okay but not great.

Bottom line, this is a bad hockey team and only has a chance at the playoffs because the division is mostly rubbish.
I don’t buy that this is a bad hockey team. Essentially the same team as last year. Bura being out is costly but he missed most of last year too.

Outside of last night goalkeeping has been better. They don’t seem to be shooting as much, I don’t know if that is coaching, philosophy, or just coincidence. That needs to change whatever the reason is.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004

Yeah man, it’s the “subtractions” 🙄

Definitely nothing to do with the teams two best forwards playing like a dumpster fire through 12 games. Hell Hak ran Eberle with Schwartz last night, who coincidentally had his worst game of the season…

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
  • Haha
Reactions: RainyCityHockey

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I don’t buy that this is a bad hockey team. Essentially the same team as last year. Bura being out is costly but he missed most of last year too.

Outside of last night goalkeeping has been better. They don’t seem to be shooting as much, I don’t know if that is coaching, philosophy, or just coincidence. That needs to change whatever the reason is.
They overachieved last year. It was an illusion. league as a whole is playing tighter hockey this year too and the scouting reports on what the Kraken like to do have all been studied. It's a step back year like it or not.

Yeah man, it’s the “subtractions” 🙄

Definitely nothing to do with the teams two best forwards playing like a dumpster fire through 12 games. Hell Hak ran Eberle with Schwartz last night, who coincidentally had his worst game of the season…
It's a TEAM game my friend. You take people away from the roster and it hurts everybody else. All you have to do is look at how the players who left are doing and how their teams are doing. We did not adequately replace what we lost.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
It's a TEAM game my friend. You take people away from the roster and it hurts everybody else. All you have to do is look at how the players who left are doing and how their teams are doing. We did not adequately replace what we lost.

Last season, through 12 games Eberle had 1g/7a for 8 points. This season he's 1g/2a. If you're into +/-, last season he was -5 through 12. This season he's -9 with a 56% OZone Start percentage. His Corsi and Fenwick are not great, if you're into advanced stats.

Beniers was 5g/4a for 9 points through 12 last season, and -8. This season he's 0g/4a and -13. Corsi and Fenwick also not great, to go with a 60.3% OZone Start percentage.

That line and whoever they put there (McCann, Kartye) have been getting caved in every single game. If it's a slump, they need to snap out of it over the next 10 games. If they dont and it's a long-term sophomore slump / age 33 regression, this team is in a lot of trouble.

And it wont be because of the 4th liners.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Last season, through 12 games Eberle had 1g/7a for 8 points. This season he's 1g/2a. If you're into +/-, last season he was -5 through 12. This season he's -9 with a 56% OZone Start percentage. His Corsi and Fenwick are not great, if you're into advanced stats.

Beniers was 5g/4a for 9 points through 12 last season, and -8. This season he's 0g/4a and -13. Corsi and Fenwick also not great, to go with a 60.3% OZone Start percentage.

That line and whoever they put there (McCann, Kartye) have been getting caved in every single game. If it's a slump, they need to snap out of it over the next 10 games. If they dont and it's a long-term sophomore slump / age 33 regression, this team is in a lot of trouble.

This is all very valid. Something is not working with these guys this season. If that line turns it around, I do think that it's enough to pull through, but it has to start SOON or it'll be too late.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
All you have to do is look at how the players who left are doing and how their teams are doing.
Sorry, but I've got to come back to this one...

So the Bruins, who set NHL records for wins and points last season, are where they are this season because of Morgan friggin Geekie?

The Canucks hot start isnt because Miller and Boeser are actually playing to their paychecks for once, it's because of Carson Soucy?

That's just wild.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Well said.
If losing Geekie, Sprong and Donato is the downfall of your team than you've got way bigger problems(roster wise) than losing a couple of 4th liners.

Sorry, but I've got to come back to this one...

So the Bruins, who set NHL records for wins and points last season, are where they are this season because of Morgan friggin Geekie?

The Canucks hot start isnt because Miller and Boeser are actually playing to their paychecks for once, it's because of Carson Soucy?

That's just wild.

Soucy has been out up until this point.

So unless he performs some magic tricks or voodoo from the press box, I would rule him out being the reason why Vancouver has won so far. :D

Also, the Canucks have played the Oilers three times already and collected six points that way.

Having said that, we're playing the Oilers(and Avs) twice within a couple of days in the next ten days or so and I can't wait for them to snap out of their losing streak against us while McDavid and Draisaitl go nuts....:amazed:

Reactions: Fuhrious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad