Series Discussion: Flames - Jets (Flames Win 3-1)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Group 1 has Monahan, Tkachuk and Lindholm, among others who have all been here not too long from different parts and Gaudreau is in the other. Only difference that I know of is Gaudreau's gf being a nurse so hed be close to exposure. The other three all came in to Calgary recently (from 3 different countries) and are all together. So it couldn't be stages of quarantine.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Group 1 has Monahan, Tkachuk and Lindholm, among others who have all been here not too long from different parts and Gaudreau is in the other. Only difference that I know of is Gaudreau's gf being a nurse so hed be close to exposure. The other three all came in to Calgary recently (from 3 different countries) and are all together. So it couldn't be stages of quarantine.

Do you know when each player arrived, though? I know I'd heard of a player from Sweden on NHL radio who had just finished a 14-day quarantine last week, for instance. They had returned early so they were fully ready to go by training camp.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Do you know when each player arrived, though? I know I'd heard of a player from Sweden on NHL radio who had just finished a 14-day quarantine last week, for instance. They had returned early so they were fully ready to go by training camp.

Andersson? Or Lindholm?

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Dube and Robinson are supposed to be in the 2nd group and neither have skated in the past 4 days, it's possible that one of them was exposed to the virus and had contact with some of the other players from the 2nd group, so they could be doing it to limit any asymptomatic players from further spreading the virus, but this is all speculation and we probably won't find out the real reason for the two groups for quite a while.

Reactions: Mazatt

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I'm figuring what @FlamerForLife is here--Dube and Mangiapane didn't practice and either Gaudreau and those guys were in contact, or the rest of the team was. The fact that Ryan and Backlund have gone down since then would add up that in one of the groups there was an outbreak that led to the separation. The thouht Gaudreau is behind the separation is weird.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Do the Flames get to stay in Calgary in their own bubble, and just bus it on game days?

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I’m fairly confident in assuming that COVID positive players - asymptomatic or not - would not be permitted to skate. I’m unbelievably skeptical of the theory that anyone skating has COVID. I’m doubtful there was any sort of mass outbreak.

Last edited:

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
And are the Oiler players expected to stay in a bubble, away from their families?
A list came out about a week ago showing which hotel the teams would be staying in and Edmonton was listed. So I’m assuming if they’re staying in one of the hotels the will be expected to remain in the bubble like the rest of the teams. I haven’t heard anything that answers your question, I’m just reading between the lines on this one, however.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
A list came out about a week ago showing which hotel the teams would be staying in and Edmonton was listed. So I’m assuming if they’re staying in one of the hotels the will be expected to remain in the bubble like the rest of the teams. I haven’t heard anything that answers your question, I’m just reading between the lines on this one, however.
I think when it was designed everyone has to be in the same bubble. If players regardless of their teams were able to stay at their own homes the bubble is broken. Also to eliminate the "home" team advantage it makes sense that everyone has to stay in hotels and eat restaurant food.

Reactions: User1996

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I’m fairly confident in assuming that COVID positive players - asymptomatic or not - would not be permitted to skate. I’m unbelievably skeptical of the theory that anyone skating has COVID. I’m doubtful there was any sort of mass outbreak.
Agreed. I’d wager they were in contact with someone who had it and are quarantining away from the main group, or just as a precaution since his gf is a nurse, there is a few cases in my local hospital and all the nurses and their significant others had to get checked again, my coworkers gf is a nurse and he had to go get checked, he had to take a week off work once he heard until he got his results.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I thought this was amusing.

0giak8kw0gb51.jpg

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I was actually being serious, I saw a lot of Calgary fans disappointed last time out, and if its the same again I'm wondering if they'd make a change. Ottawa would probably give up a ton to put the Tkachuk brothers together.
The entire team was pathetic. You think if Tkachuk had potted a couple more goals they would have bounced Colorado?
The notion "putting the Tkachuks together" is for people who collect guitars but can't play them.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I was actually being serious, I saw a lot of Calgary fans disappointed last time out, and if its the same again I'm wondering if they'd make a change. Ottawa would probably give up a ton to put the Tkachuk brothers together.

To be fair, many Calgary fans basically picked and chose who they wanted to scapegoat even though it was a group effort in failure.

Reactions: Bob Long

Bob Long

May 31, 2018
Climax, SK
The entire team was pathetic. You think if Tkachuk had potted a couple more goals they would have bounced Colorado?
The notion "putting the Tkachuks together" is for people who collect guitars but can't play them.

maybe, but I suspect Ottawa would pay a big sum for that option.

Bob Long

May 31, 2018
Climax, SK
To be fair, many Calgary fans basically picked and chose who they wanted to scapegoat even though it was a group effort in failure.

imo Calgary has the toughest challenge of all teams in the play-in. Winnipeg can play such a tough AND structured game its going to be tough, Calgary got a bit screwed on this imo. If that leads to another early exit I can see some demands for changes.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
imo Calgary has the toughest challenge of all teams in the play-in. Winnipeg can play such a tough AND structured game its going to be tough, Calgary got a bit screwed on this imo. If that leads to another early exit I can see some demands for changes.

If it's a repeat of last year, I think it's fair to say no one is automatically safe. Many Flames fans do speculate that they think Gaudreau would be moved over Tkachuk though.

I think quite a few Flames fans are also interested in seeing what happens during the play in before suggesting huge sweeping changes.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
So Talbots probably starting right? I watched the scrim highlights and Ritter didn’t look great. Given Talbot was starting down the stretch I’m assuming he gets the nod for game 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad