Series Discussion: Flames - Jets (Flames Win 3-1)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Time to cheer on the Oilers man. You're obviously done with the Flames ( roster, lines, players, coaching...)

Yes because criticizing shit players on my own team means I should cheer for the enemy. Instead of making 25 posts a page maybe just don't post.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I'm confused as to how his daughter's health is at risk since She wouldn't even be anywhere near her Dad, nevermind the fact that the bubble area will be a hell of a lot better protected than outside of it.
Bottom line is this career of his where he has earned enough money to live a privileged life, he has obligations, not wanting to be away from family that as of now our fully healthy, is not an excuse to ditch your job.
Do you think Horvat wants to leave his week-old kid? Only in a time where SJW run rampant is a guy anointed a hero for deciding he owes his job, co-workers and fans nothing.
Found the Eric Francis sockpuppet.

He owes us nothing.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm confused as to how his daughter's health is at risk since She wouldn't even be anywhere near her Dad, nevermind the fact that the bubble area will be a hell of a lot better protected than outside of it.
Bottom line is this career of his where he has earned enough money to live a privileged life, he has obligations, not wanting to be away from family that as of now our fully healthy, is not an excuse to ditch your job.
Do you think Horvat wants to leave his week-old kid? Only in a time where SJW run rampant is a guy anointed a hero for deciding he owes his job, co-workers and fans nothing.

He was given an option to opt out of the event by his employer and he took it which is his right.

Your job offers time off during a big project and you're paid salary. Are you suddenly a traitor to the company? Give your head a shake man. You also don't seem to understand the basics of how Covid works, but it's not my responsibility to educate you on that. There are plenty more than just his daughters that are high risk that we are aware of. He himself might be of higher risk. We don't know and it's his right to keep private his full reasons to sit out.

He was given the option, gave a reasonable reason even if he didn't need to, so accept it at face value and move on.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
He never owed you anything ever.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Yes because criticizing shit players on my own team means I should cheer for the enemy. Instead of making 25 posts a page maybe just don't post.
Jeepers Creepers the Peeper has spoken. And on that note, I just wont post, Boss.
(After this one that is, just to be "correct")

Sep 13, 2009
This schedule sucks donkey balls for those who have to work during the week.

Well I'm not going to watch, so I couldn't care less.

As for Hamonic, I'm sorry but I didn't get the option to "opt-out" of my job, and I don't get paid millions. I hope to never see Travis Hamonic in a Flames uniform again.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

As for Hamonic, I'm sorry but I didn't get the option to "opt-out" of my job, and I don't get paid millions. I hope to never see Travis Hamonic in a Flames uniform again.

giphy.gif

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

Waaaaaaaaaa

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Do these split groups mean some guys had covid?
That or they've been close to someone who had/has it... at least that's what I'm assuming.
Apparently the league has mandated that individual teams are not allowed to say anything... which is why the team is being so vague.

Reactions: Foo Fighter

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm thinking it might have to do with the locations that people have been in, or the protocols they've been following. Perhaps the big group has been isolating to a specific extent per the teams' request prior to the opening of camp, and they aren't allowing others into that group until they follow that same isolation procedure.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm thinking it might have to do with the locations that people have been in, or the protocols they've been following. Perhaps the big group has been isolating to a specific extent per the teams' request prior to the opening of camp, and they aren't allowing others into that group until they follow that same isolation procedure.

I thought the groups were based on the stage the players were in for the protocols?

For instance group 1 was in Calgary earlier and within the quarantine stage earlier.
Group 2 entered Calgary later and thus behind group 1 in the quarantine stage.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I thought the groups were based on the stage the players were in for the protocols?

For instance group 1 was in Calgary earlier and within the quarantine stage earlier.
That's basically what I was thinking, yeah.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

This makes enough sense, and is probably the case. It doesn't tell us much about why certain players have shifted groups though. We will probably never find out why.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Does it really matter? Lines are always crazy at the start of training camp anyway. With two weeks ago until the Oilers game, there's plenty of time to sort out the line-up

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
This makes enough sense, and is probably the case. It doesn't tell us much about why certain players have shifted groups though. We will probably never find out why.

I wonder if it's partially because you max out at 14 days? So group 2/3 are those who aren't maxed out or take a step back in terms of their potential exposure with someone with Covid.

Then you also probably keep separate groups so if someone somehow gets Covid/precautionary, you don't have to shut down the full population, just that specific group?

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad