GDT: Flames @ Jets: 6:00pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'd guess the ones that are offended by me saying this are the ones that bailed on the "rental" team. Good to know that this was a debate over there too though. I appreciate that info

Lots of posters kept a soft spot for the team they cheered for during the dark ages and felt there was room for both after the Jets came back even though the Jets were usually the new number 1. However, like you mentioned some guys did burn the other jersey the day they flipped the lights back on in the Peg.

Same as the Atlanta bashing.......almost all the people I know were thrilled we got a team back AND feel brutal for he thrashers fans. Been there and know the pain far too well. Some Jets fans were less kind but they got rolled in with a larger group of fans that don't much like sunbelt hockey and that somehow seemed to make it seem like the Winnipeg numbers were bigger than they were......sometimes people get painted with a brush but what can you do.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I'd guess the ones that are offended by me saying this are the ones that bailed on the "rental" team. Good to know that this was a debate over there too though. I appreciate that info

I didn't have a team to cheer for, and couldn't have given a **** about NHL hockey until it was announced that the Jets were coming back. I just found your initial statement unfair to those who choose to root for the hometown team over those they may have cheered for in the past 15 years.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I didn't have a team to cheer for, and couldn't have given a **** about NHL hockey until it was announced that the Jets were coming back. I just found your initial statement unfair to those who choose to root for the hometown team over those they may have cheered for in the past 15 years.
You either have some reading comprehension issues or you are too busy trying to pick fights to have a civil discussion with.

I have stated outright that I don't care that the Jets are anyones #1 team. My issue is that they stopped cheering for the other team altogether. I think they should have kept that other team as their #2.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
You either have some reading comprehension issues or you are too busy trying to pick fights to have a civil discussion with.

I have stated outright that I don't care that the Jets are anyones #1 team. My issue is that they stopped cheering for the other team altogether. I think they should have kept that other team as their #2.

But you did start by saying you don't have respect for Jets fans, not just a subset of Jets fans who fit that criteria.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
But you did start by saying you don't have respect for Jets fans, not just a subset of Jets fans who fit that criteria.
I do believe I said why as well. So that was implied, but quite frankly they've done nothing to endear themselves to me since they got their team back. In fact I find as a whole they are worse than even Penguin fans.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I do believe I said why as well. So that was implied, but quite frankly they've done nothing to endear themselves to me since they got their team back. In fact I find as a whole they are worse than even Penguin fans.

Exits quietly, as Penguins have been my number two team since I was 6 years old

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

My personal opinion.

I have no respect for Jets fans whatsoever. Four years ago these people were fans of various other teams, now they have completely abandoned those teams that they claimed they were fans of. How can anyone say they are a fan of something then completely turn their back on it when something else comes along?

You lumped all Jets fans into a specific subset, completely ignoring the ones who didn't follow the NHL and those who still cheer for their former team. Watch some games at the MTSC when a Canadian team comes to visit. I assure you that a decent portion of those cheering for them are STHs.

I'm not worried about seeking the approval of another team's fanbase, honestly. Hockey fanbases in general have a 'holier than thou' attitude about their own team, so this type of keyboard sniping is pretty silly.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So is you continually coming here for no reason other than to argue.

I came here to see how your board reacted to the Enstrom hit, then stayed to address the posts I had a problem with (see: yours).

I have a problem with people devaluing my fandom just because a small section of Jets fans dropped their former fandom like a hot potato. If you only wanted to call out those that did that, then word your post to better illustrate that you don't mean all fans.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I came here to see how your board reacted to the Enstrom hit, then stayed to address the posts I had a problem with (see: yours).

I have a problem with people devaluing my fandom just because a small section of Jets fans dropped their former fandom like a hot potato. If you only wanted to call out those that did that, then word your post to better illustrate that you don't mean all fans.
You came here calling us homers since some of us claimed Backlund wouldn't be suspended. Then you relentlessly come back to argue. If you don't agree with my opinion great, but you arguing won't change it. Actually that isn't entirely true, you have managed to lower my opinion of Jets fans.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
You came here calling us homers since some of us claimed Backlund wouldn't be suspended. Then you relentlessly come back to argue. If you don't agree with my opinion great, but you arguing won't change it. Actually that isn't entirely true, you have managed to lower my opinion of Jets fans.

Uh huh. I believe that I've already said I really don't care about endearing myself to other fanbases. Arguing is one form of discussion, which is what we were having. If the mods felt that my presence was a distraction, I would have been thread-banned long ago.

I also didn't come in here calling you homers, because THAT would have got me thread-banned. The worst I did was wonder how some people could look at that play and not think 'suspension'.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It's been made known in this thread that Backlund won't be receiving a suspension for his questionable hit on Enstrom. I also think enough has been said from both sides about the Jets fanbase, and it appears to me that the argument is only going to continue in circles.

As such, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad