(one will be scratched)

Pavelec
Hutchinson

It's time to LEGO of your money:

not up until the regular season

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Mods, I worked an overnighter last night and am not sure if I will be awake for puckdrop. But when the lines are out could you please edit the OP? Thanks in advance.

Aug 3, 2010
Did anyone else watch that countdown gif at the top of the GDT, expecting something at the end?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Mods, I worked an overnighter last night and am not sure if I will be awake for puckdrop. But when the lines are out could you please edit the OP? Thanks in advance.

Yeah sure, I'll try to do that if I can. I have my sister's bday tonight, but I'm sure the guys will have the game on. Hopefully that 351 Shaw channel still has that free preview going so we can watch this. Otherwise I'll just tape it.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
It wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen, at least if we get something else shiny in addition to Leddy. We'd be improving an area we're weak in organizationally. We'd look like fools if Leddy turns out to cap as a Kris Russell though.

It'd also put more pressure on Gaudreau to turn it up in the NHL, which is negative at this stage.

It's not a deal I'd make but I wouldn't be too torn up over it

I would like to see us bring in a larger defenceman than Nick Leddy if we're going to make a splash by trade. 6'2 or up.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames 8m8 minutes ago
Sam Bennett will not play tonight. He is in #yyc, dealing with a nagging injury. More news will come next week.

We might have already seen the last of Sam Bennett for this season.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
So Bennett is probably done, and if Sven isn't playing he'll likely be a cut. Hartley has stated more than once that the lineup tonight will resemble very closely the one on opening night.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So Bennett is probably done, and if Sven isn't playing he'll likely be a cut. Hartley has stated more than once that the lineup tonight will resemble very closely the one on opening night.

He also mentioned that you shouldn't read into tonight's lineup as being the opening-night lineup, though. And of course Monahan isn't playing tonight.

I reckon that Baertschi not being in the lineup tonight simply means they've made their mind up about him. We don't know whether that means he's definitely staying or he's definitely going down.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
He also mentioned that you shouldn't read into tonight's lineup as being the opening-night lineup, though. And of course Monahan isn't playing tonight.

I reckon that Baertschi not being in the lineup tonight simply means they've made their mind up about him. We don't know whether that means he's definitely staying or he's definitely going down.

on that note it's interesting that Churros is slotted in the LW spot as well. Maybe it's between these two for Hartley?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Interesting. Guess we cannot read too much into what this means in terms of cuts. Should be an interesting one to watch regardless. By that logic they also haven't made their mind up about Gaudreau then. Since he is playing.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Thanks for sharing that! I just listened to Hartley's audio and apparently things are not set in stone yet. He said they are playing Jooris on his off wing to see how versatile he is. Treliving has said the Johnny is an NHL player with the puck, but he needs to work on his defensive game without it. Hartley kind of backed Johnny up by saying that teaching positioning is the easiest thing to learn in hockey. I really hope that Sven stays on this team, I think at this point it's the best thing for his development and that needs to be taken into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad