GDT: Flames @ Jets: 6:00pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Honestly, the last couple of years have me thinking that Jets fans are almost as bad as Nucks fans. And everytime I go to Winnipeg I hate it, lots of *******s there. Some good people too, but tons of *******s
My personal opinion.

I have no respect for Jets fans whatsoever. Four years ago these people were fans of various other teams, now they have completely abandoned those teams that they claimed they were fans of. How can anyone say they are a fan of something then completely turn their back on it when something else comes along?

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Jets fan have gotta be, without a doubt, in the top 3 of classiest fans in the league. I mean these guys just ooze respectability.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
My personal opinion.

I have no respect for Jets fans whatsoever. Four years ago these people were fans of various other teams, now they have completely abandoned those teams that they claimed they were fans of. How can anyone say they are a fan of something then completely turn their back on it when something else comes along?

Yeah, I mean, come on, at least keep the team you were cheering for a second favorite or something. I almost wish they never got a team back, would have rather seen Quebec City get it. At least we expect the Quebec guys to be a bit arrogant lol. And seeing Quebec vs Montreal would have been way more fun than having the Jets back

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
That looks pretty dangerous wasn't any play to be made by tossing him into the bards like that either league should take a look could see a fine could see 2 games

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
People are acting like Backlund has done this before. Like he's a repeat offender and deserves to be suspended for half the season for a fluke accident.

He should get a slap on the wrist, maybe a fine, but for god sakes, the guy showed remorse immediately after the hit.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
My personal opinion.

Before the Flames moved from Atlanta who did Flame fans cheer for :help:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That looks pretty dangerous wasn't any play to be made by tossing him into the bards like that either league should take a look could see a fine could see 2 games
if he had a history of dirty hits it would be 2 games IMO, but he doesn't so it will likely be a fine just so next time he is seen as a repeat offender.

Derfel*

Yeah, I mean, come on, at least keep the team you were cheering for a second favorite or something.

Probably shouldn't bother - but some of us did. Others didn't really support any team fully until the Jets came back. I don't think being excited that your city is getting their NHL team back makes us "traitors" or "turncoats" or whatever.

I didn't grow up in Winnipeg, but I moved here about a decade back - it's a rough city, but it's a good city. Heck - when we push people over from behind we stop walking and check to see if their okay!

May 27, 2012
Earth
The arguing is a waste of time. Jets fan are probably saying the same thing about us Flames fans as to Flames fans about the Jets Fans. The NHL will decide if it is punishable. The thread on the main board is basically two brick walls going at it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Before the Flames moved from Atlanta who did Flame fans cheer for :help:
Leafs and Habs, most of those fans that were alive and fans before the Flames are still Leafs and Habs fans. You see it everytime the Leafs and Habs are out west, not just in Calgary, but in Edmonton and Vancouver too. My point is they can cheer for more than 1 team rather than abandoning one of them.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Probably shouldn't bother - but some of us did. Others didn't really support any team fully until the Jets came back. I don't think being excited that your city is getting their NHL team back makes us "traitors" or "turncoats" or whatever.

Agreed.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
People are acting like Backlund has done this before. Like he's a repeat offender and deserves to be suspended for half the season for a fluke accident.

He should get a slap on the wrist, maybe a fine, but for god sakes, the guy showed remorse immediately after the hit.

What have I told you about using facts?

Seriously though, maybe ill give Jets fan the benefit of the doubt in not knowing that Backlund is one of the cleanest players in the league. However, the overreaction to what will probably end up being a nothing hit, is ridiculous.

Derfel*

Leafs and Habs, most of those fans that were alive and fans before the Flames are still Leafs and Habs fans. You see it everytime the Leafs and Habs are out west, not just in Calgary, but in Edmonton and Vancouver too. My point is they can cheer for more than 1 team rather than abandoning one of them.

Ever think some of us have Calgary as our second-favourite team?

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary

I didn't grow up in Winnipeg, but I moved here about a decade back - it's a rough city, but it's a good city. Heck - when we push people over from behind we stop walking and check to see if their okay!

In fairness, judging from Backlunds reaction after he made that hit, if the mob hadn't instantly appeared, I think he would have tried to see how Enstrom was. Wouldn't be surprised if Backlund makes a text/phone call tonight anyways

Derfel*

I am sure there are some. But there isn't many.

Yeah - I'm not one of them. I supported the Canucks because the Manitoba Moose (the AHL team in Winnipeg) was their affiliate, so we'd see players move up and down. I still support the Canucks for the most part, believe it or not.

You'd have to be in the city when the announcement was made that the Jets were coming back to know what it was like. An anecdote - I was involved in a side contract with a company in Boston. The rep flew in the morning that the announcement was made, and he directed his cab driver to stop off at a sports clothing store - he bought 16 vintage Jets hats to give to each member of our team in celebration, because he witnessed people jumping up and down in the airport lobby in joy that the team was coming back...

Anyways - good luck on the season. I'm interested to see how your rebuild goes.

Fantasy Billionaire

Feel The Heat
Jun 22, 2009
Calgary
navarres.helo.life
My personal opinion.

Before the Flames arrived in Calgary I was a Habs fan from the age of 7- 12. However from the time the announcement came they were on there way to Calgary. I was an instant Flames fan.
I can relate wanting to support the home town team.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
My personal opinion.

This is a serious post.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Before the Flames arrived in Calgary I was a Habs fan from the age of 7- 12. However from the time the announcement came they were on there way to Calgary. I was an instant Flames fan.
I can relate wanting to support the home town team.
I never suggested not supporting the hometown team. I am saying they shouldn't turn their backs on the family that took them in when they were left abandoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad