GDT: Flames @ Jets - 5pm MT on SN

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Ok, let's say we keep it up, and win both games against SJ, could we actually take first seed in the division?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Ok, let's say we keep it up, and win both games against SJ, could we actually take first seed in the division?
DzcWyMx.jpg

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I agree we didn't have our best game, but that's why you want a goalie who can steal you some games. We haven't had this consistently since Kipper.

We jumped the Oilers and Ducks, I just crushed 2 Peters burgers, life is good.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Romanuk wouldn't stop saying shutout in the last minute and a half :laugh: What a joke

Anyway, 9th win in a row, back-to-back shutouts and new career highs for Backlund and Hamilton. And the Flames move ahead of the Oilers. Not the best game but great night in all.

Holy crap Romanuk was god-awful

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Not a great game by the Flames in my opinion. Elliot won this one. So happy for Backlund though. He's hit the level I thought he had when the Flames drafted him. If he keeps this up he's going to get paid big time next contract.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I know what you mean but we should just cheer him on. As long as he's staying engaged, the goals will eventually come.

How long have we been saying this about Sam Bennett? I'm more than a little concerned at this point.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I know what you mean but we should just cheer him on. As long as he's staying engaged, the goals will eventually come.

Agreed. He's like a loose cannon, two-way version of Iginla, he's been finding a way to make an impact one way or another on this whole streak whether it's a takeway, goal, penalty kill sequence, fight.

How long have we been saying this about Sam Bennett? I'm more than a little concerned at this point.

Not sure what exactly it is you're concerned about. It's not like he looks bad out there. He plays 3rd line minutes, no PP, and his wingers/most common D pair have zero chemistry both with each other or with the cycling system we play. He was inches away from a goal today, that's all you can ask for from someone in that role.

This reminds me of the nonsense that was floating around about Ferland last year. Look at him now.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014

Oh I agree for sure, but he should be a bit more careful not to get his hand injured because when he gets mad, he starts to pound on the guy's helmet like it's nothing. But he seems to be a player that feeds off of anger. Very Iginla-like as OKG said.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

I'm concerned, but I think it's still early. I know he's still young, but in my gut the longer his offense takes to show up, the less convinced I am that it will show up.

Still thinking that we just haven't found the right linemates for him yet.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Oh I agree for sure, but he should be a bit more careful not to get his hand injured because when he gets mad, he starts to pound on the guy's helmet like it's nothing. But he seems to be a player that feeds off of anger. Very Iginla-like as OKG said.

Agreed. I don't want him to become a goon longterm, but it's refreshing to see a guy do whatever it's gonna take to give his team a boost whether it's a goal, a block, hit or a fight. Bennett is finding a way to make an impact and he should be applauded for it.

I said this a while ago, but this team needed some character and some spine. Now you see a guy like Bennett, that roughed up Johansen (who's 6'4) and a tough mutha in Trouba, that really rallies a team. When Bennett starts scoring, he's going to be such a complete player and it's going to be fun watching him. I really want to see him play with Frolik.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad