GDT: Flames @ Islanders (5pm on Sportsnet)

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
We'll wait until tomorrow to see what Smith's condition is, but it could be Rittich's time.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
How brutal is that. Final seconds of the game, and you pull your groin? mannnnnnnn

Anyway. A great road game for the Flames. Tkachuk is a total beast. What a game from him.
Hope Smith is ok.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Lol technically counts as a regulation win for Rittich. 6-1-0 baby

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
I will also gladly offer my groin.

0*arf6DlgJTNoNaqlv.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
I thought the win goes to the goalie who was on the ice for the game winner. Wouldn't it still be Smith?

That would be bizarre if it were the case. I assumed it was the goalie who was on ice when the clock hit zero but you might be right, I have no idea.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
That was a dominant win, regardless of the score. Our D, all five of them sans Stone, look like a contending group and made Barzal's night miserable. Stone's okay too, I don't hate him, but if we can trade him I think Andersson can take his job easily.

Also that PP goal is exactly what I envision when I think of a team with Jankowski, Bennett, Gaudreau, etc. For whatever reason though we continue to force the Gully PP.

Smith will be fine, eventually, not worried. In the mean time there is a new challenge for David Rittich and presumably Jon Gillies.

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I feel like Smith might be out for a while. Usually he'll go down, milk it for a bit and eventually get right back up. This time, he couldn't even stay on for the last second of the game.

Time to see what Rittich is made of I guess

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Silver lining; Smith has looked a little bit hurt for more than a month. A little slow to get up sometimes, slouching over on his knees at other times. Hopefully it's not serious, he takes a month off and comes back better than ever.

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
If Smith is out for an extended period, it's gut check time and hopefully Rittich is up to the task but I'm confident he will be. Hopefully that's not the case though and Smith is okay to go shortly.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad