GDT: Flames @ Islanders (5pm on Sportsnet)

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
That game shouldn't have been close. In all situations we generated 50 scoring chances. DAS RIGHT FIVE TO THE ZERO SCORING CHANCES! The fact this game wasn't 15-0 against a team I hate makes me angry.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Really really shit luck for Smith. But it's very relieving to have NOT feel like the seasons over if he's down for a few, I have faith Rittich can keep us in it most nights.

Matthew Tkachuk is something else, that tip was absolutely insane!

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Jason York just said on SN that Smith was seen walking on his own after the game, that's a good sign.
He's also one of the toughest guys in the NHL so I wouldn't read anything into it. If anyone was going to try to walk off a torn groin muscle it would be Smith, too tough for his own good at times.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Silver lining; Smith has looked a little bit hurt for more than a month. A little slow to get up sometimes, slouching over on his knees at other times. Hopefully it's not serious, he takes a month off and comes back better than ever.

I dont think the Flames can afford to have him off for a month

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Injury breeds opportunity. And at 35 (almost 36), some time off for Smith wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, assuming the injury isn't super serious.

Between Rittich and Gillies, the Flames should be fine

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
So, it's looking more and more like 98 points is gonna be the playoff cutoff in the West. If that's true, Flames need to go 16-10 down the stretch to make the postseason. I honestly am not sure they can do it considering we've been about .500 for the past few months.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So, it's looking more and more like 98 points is gonna be the playoff cutoff in the West. If that's true, Flames need to go 16-10 down the stretch to make the postseason. I honestly am not sure they can do it considering we've been about .500 for the past few months.

You can say the same for SJ, LA and Anaheim

Whoever choke is out.

Reactions: Anglesmith

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Rittich at .927 and Gillies at .915. Could be worse. Could be Hiller, Ramo, Elliott. Flames seem to play better in front of Rittich at times as well..

Maybe but they are unproven...You seriously think Gilles record means something?

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Honestly think Frolik was just as good if not better than Tkachuk that game. Even as a big fan of his, he's a guy I didn't really realise how much we needed until he was out for a while

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->