GDT: Flames @ Hawks, 6:30 PM MT - SNET "All Hail the Mighty Matxhuos"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Surprise, Crawford and Toews complaining.

"Hey guys, I intangibled my best leadership today, and you're saying we lost the game? I don't think I can accept that. I've been formulating character and heart for the past two days straight."

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Loving that Elliott showing tonight; overall loved the team defence.
Engelland with another brutal pass. I'm really not sure what to think of the guy. One game he'll be solid; punish people and be hard on the puck. The other game he'll be a turnover and screen machine. On the ice for both goals, one was directly his fault and the other he's watching.

Simple:

He is a turnover machine in any role that isn't bottom pair with Brett Kulak carrying him.

He is a decent plug in a role that is bottom pair with Brett Kulak carrying him.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Simple:

He is a turnover machine in any role that isn't bottom pair with Brett Kulak carrying him.

He is a decent plug in a role that is bottom pair with Brett Kulak carrying him.

Except... He's been one of our steadiest Dmen, while Kulak is eating popcorn. Just stop man.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Of course the one game I don't watch is the one we win in a nine-round shootout thriller...

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Engelland had one of his better games today, but he still wasn't very good. Very few of his breakouts have targets, it's always off the glass and out, and then he's too slow to get off and change so the puck comes right back to the zone. I can't say he played poorly, he just played usual Engelland and managed to get himself burned on one of his regular plays.

Very impressed with basically everyone on the team today though, especially Ferland. So many great short passes, he makes breakouts look easy. JG was dominating as well.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Engelland had one of his better games today, but he still wasn't very good. Very few of his breakouts have targets, it's always off the glass and out, and then he's too slow to get off and change so the puck comes right back to the zone. I can't say he played poorly, he just played usual Engelland and managed to get himself burned on one of his regular plays.

Very impressed with basically everyone on the team today though, especially Ferland. So many great short passes, he makes breakouts look easy. JG was dominating as well.

Ferly had a great game. It's how he just has to play, hard on the puck and let the hands do the talking when in the offensive zone. The more simple he keeps his play, the better he'll look.

I agree with Engels though. The guy doesn't do much well, except punch people in the face and be tough around the net. I just think his breed is dying in the NHL.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Engelland had one of his better games today, but he still wasn't very good. Very few of his breakouts have targets, it's always off the glass and out, and then he's too slow to get off and change so the puck comes right back to the zone. I can't say he played poorly, he just played usual Engelland and managed to get himself burned on one of his regular plays

Maybe he is doing exactly what the coach is asking from him. To play a simple game and let the team push the puck up the ice. It maybe a case of the coach liking the player more than liking the players game.

Either way, this team has far to go. And if we start picking up wins, I think we should rotate some players from the Heat, cuz from what I see on this team right now is there is a lot of temporary pieces, and it shows. If this team plans on taking a push, and a step forward, we need to start seeking help from other players instead of changing the lines every game. Meh.

Yay win!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Haha let them have their fun.

They'll be back to their pathetic selves when they are out of the playoff race in December and scouting the next top prospect. :laugh:

It's truly like for the past decade that franchise hasn't been the joke of the league. All of a sudden, not even ten games in, they're on this mighty high horse.

That defence and depth is going to catch up very soon. It's funny, their Corsi for % is bottom 10 in the league and shooting % is top 10 in the league. Remind anyone of another team :laugh:?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
All I care about after this win is the improved consistency. We saw more consistent zone entires, better PP chances, more pressure from our forwards in the defensive zone, and Elliott made saves when he needed to and solid all game. It still wasn't great, but we saw improvement and that is more important than anything.

I would have rather seen a game like this, and lost it. Then something like the one where the Hawks dominated us all game and Hiller single handedly won it with a shoutout. Small steps are still positive steps, and I'll take the this one.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Except... He's been one of our steadiest Dmen, while Kulak is eating popcorn. Just stop man.

kulak was outstanding in his three games.. Engelland has had a rough couple games and belongs back on the third pair. Wideman should eat popcorn.

I'd like to see what Kulak can do in the top four. It's not like we were good at defense last year/or this year with our proven vets

Brodie-Gio
Kulak-Hamilton
Jokkipakka-Engelland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad