GDT: Flames @ Hawks 2.0, November 1 - You have failed us for the last time, Matxhuos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
It's going to be a very long season if Gaudreau, Monahan, Brodie, Gaudreau and Gulutzan don't figure things out quickly.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
image.jpg

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Folded like a napkin as soon as the Hawks put on any pressure, team has no heart. Either separate Gaudreau and Monahan or stick Brouwer with them for good. Chiasson handles the puck like a hand grenade. Brodie needs to play the right side with Giordano.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's going to be a very long season if Gaudreau, Monahan, Brodie, Gaudreau and Gulutzan don't figure things out quickly.

Yes. But I think it's long enough that they can't possibly not figure it out, eventually.

I feel like we're guilty of standing around too much when Gaudreau has the puck. The team looks like they don't expect him to pass for a while, so they just watch with quiet admiration. They need to treat him like any other player. That's what makes other stars so dangerous. It's so hard to defend a guy when he can pass shoot, or try to go by you and you have to try to stop all three.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Not really. They should have scored on at least one of the PPs, statistically speaking, and they had plenty of 5-on-5 chances that they didn't bury either; jam plays and slot one-timers. A lot of deflected pucks which are extremely dangerous, but always found the crest of Crawford.

I guess I am not watching the same PPs that you were...they looked hopeless to me.

Beninho*

Mar 19, 2016
Shinkaruk needs to be called up tomorrow. We are giving him the Sven treatment and he deserves a long look on the top line. As badly as mony and johnny have been playing Chiasson does nothing, like actually besides the sens game he has done nothing on the top line

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's a shame for Elliott to have to take that hit to his stats, too. I didn't like the Kane goal, but after that I thought he gave the Flames the chance to win.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Well, 5-1 doesn't look good, but I thought the Flames were the better team for the majority of the game. Our top players still haven't showed up this season. That's an absolute killer for any team. That and poor special teams. Hopefully they wake the hell up soon.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Monahan has been awful. Might have been the worst game I've seen him play, including his rookie season.

Can't receive or make a pass, he looks a step behind and has been losing most puck battles. And it's not like he's been a defensive stalwart to make up for his poor offence.

What's going on Sean

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Chiasson had a no good very bad game in my opinion.

To me Chiasson is just a bottom 6 guy. I've never looked at him like:
"bruh, time to step up. You're letting the team down."

He's just a one year piece on this team.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That powerplay clicks once in the first two periods and this is a completely different game. Not impressed with how this team reacted in the third.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Yeah, pretty much. If Chiasson is the problem, the problem is Chiasson being in a position to be the problem.

I think this is being blown out of proportion, anyway. There were good signs in the game. What... II?... said is so true. This game is so terrible because it drops us two games below .500, not because it was a terrible game. Winning some of those early games against bad teams would've really helped.

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
Monahan and Giordano have been absolute **** so far this season. My God it's embarrassing to watch them play.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
We were the better team for the first 55 minutes. Fortunately, we know most of the struggling players can get back up - it's not like Brodie, Gaudreau and Monahan suddenly became garbage.

A small positive (at least for me) is Hamilton getting 19:23 minutes of icetime, 3rd amongs Ds. Hopefully it sticks.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015

Yeah if anyone had any expectations that's on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad