GDT: Flames @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Eh weekday crowds are always light, especially early in the season. Would be pretty cool if the fans filled the arena tonight though.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The cheapest tickets online are still like $20-25 after service fees, that doesn't suggest huge crowd - do you guys sort results by price or something else? I know Ryan posted he saw a lot of traffic going into Newark but there's also another reason why there'd be traffic this Tuesday.

On stubhub, I usually do the best value thing so it's usually lower bowl. But I saw a tweet earlier where it was the tickets available were like 1K and then I went to check when I sent that post out and it was a lot lower. It could be bots buying them or even the Devils selling them at their box office, not totally sure. Tickpick is usually another go to site for me, no fees there.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
On stubhub, I usually do the best value thing so it's usually lower bowl. But I saw a tweet earlier where it was the tickets available were like 1K and then I went to check when I sent that post out and it was a lot lower. It could be bots buying them or even the Devils selling them at their box office, not totally sure. Tickpick is usually another go to site for me, no fees there.
I feel Tickpick is often the cheapest platform. That said, id even pay a few dollars extra for always knowing what im buying. Stubhub has usually +$10 fees.

I got today my tick in 130 for $44 from Tickpick. Tick in the same section was $42 on Ticketmaster but they added like $14-16 fees/taxes on top of that. Get the f out seriously with that kind of a business model. I am a tickpickian as of today! :laugh:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I feel Tickpick is often the cheapest platform. That said, id even pay a few dollars extra for always knowing what im buying. Stubhub has usually +$10 fees.

I got today my tick in 130 for $44 from Tickpick. Tick in the same section was $42 on Ticketmaster but they added like $14-16 fees/taxes on top of that. Get the f out seriously with that kind of a business model. I am a tickpickian as of today! :laugh:

Yeah, I like it a lot. Got my NJD @ NYR tickets on that site for their lower bowl for me and 3 other buddies for under $800. For MSG prices, that's a steal I feel like lol. Really don't like Ticketmaster or stubhub but they are the safest. Vividseats is pretty good too.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
We already have a 23 year old right handed Coleman

Win tonight and it shouldn't be hard to push it to 10. Ottawa, Arizona, and Montreal after tonight
I dunno man . This year is weird and any team in any given night can win . Even if shitty looking on paper , the bottom tier teams still can win if they are all outwitting their opponent and get some puck luck / awesome goaltending

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
The cheapest tickets online are still like $20-25 after service fees, that doesn't suggest huge crowd - do you guys sort results by price or something else? I know Ryan posted he saw a lot of traffic going into Newark but there's also another reason why there'd be traffic this Tuesday.
I got tickets for $10 (pre-fees) off StubHub for the Columbus game, so it'll be a lot better than that at least.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Flames third pairing D are garbage . Hard to shelter them when we have last change!
Our speed is going to demolish that pairing even more than the rest of their old crusty team . Lucic and Lewis … were maybe good in 2010 … and Rooney ..
They mostly did a good job of slowing us down after the first period in the last game. They want to clog the middle and chip the puck into their offensive zone. They don’t want to skate with us, we’ll bury them if they try.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The game probably depends on how crisp we are moving the puck out of our zone. If we're a little off and there are broken plays all over the place, I don't think we're going to like the grind it out game.

The team can learn a lot from playing Calgary, Washington, etc. I like that we're getting another shot at them so soon.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I dunno man . This year is weird and any team in any given night can win . Even if shitty looking on paper , the bottom tier teams still can win if they are all outwitting their opponent and get some puck luck / awesome goaltending

We’ve been far better than the usual team. As long as the goaltending is there (obviously that can always go sideways) we shouldn’t have much difficulty.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Looking on stubhub rn for possibly late tickets, looks like a pretty good crowd tonight unless I'm being hoodwinked lol.
I was looking hours ago and was under the impression it will be a good crowd.

Also for everyone using the secondary I highly suggest tickpick. No fees at all.

if anyone wants to go last minute i have 2 tickets i can’t use giving away for free. section 132 row 2
Yo @ZachaFlockaFlame he's calling your name

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So I looked at the Calgary roster on NHL.com. They aren't some collection of giants. They have plenty of guys 5-11 to 6-1. Most guys are around 200 pounds not 225. Zadorov is big and a couple of lower line guys as well. Built somewhat similar to NJ in many respects. Maybe Bratt and Jack and Tatar stand out as significantly smaller. If Zadorov doesn't knock down Hisicher last game the difference is really just stylistic. It makes sense when you look at it that way the NJ fourth line dominated Calgary. They play the same style and are bigger stronger faster and more skilled than their Calgary equivalents. Guys in the top few lines just have to amp up the effort. If you are Mercer and 6 foot and say 185 or so there isn't that much difference with a guy 6 foot and 200 pounds. Especially at his age where he is the energizer bunny. Same for Hischier who is about 195 pounds now if the Swiss national team is to be believed. Same for Shara and Zetterlund who are both big enough and strong enough to hold up with enough oomph. I expect Zetterlund to bring it even if Shara needs some reminding.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
who's starting in goal for the flames tonight? markstrom played last night but vladar has been awful this season. flames haven't won a game in two weeks- maybe they go back to markstrom?
markstrom tonight apparently

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Hopefully Severson has a serviceable game, I’ve heard a lot of excuses about last game but he alone pretty much tanked it singlehanded. We dominated that game up to that point.

Come out flying and skate these slow old turds into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad