GDT: Flames @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
My main concern is that the first game back from a road trip is typically problematic. We have to overcome this AND a pissed off Calgary team.

I mean....I guess...?

But, with this first game back from a road trip we're facing a team that had to make the same exact trip as us AND played last night.

Absolutely no excuses for tonight - we should win this game.

Reactions: GameSeven

imMagnum

Jan 10, 2017
We just swept the Western Canada roadtrip for the first time in over twenty years. We are on a six game winning streak and have shown we can beat any team in the league. Devils have given us 0 reason to believe we will come out with a post-roadtrip hangover. Everyone stay aboard the hype train!

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

damn-shookt.gif

Sutter not holding back.

Massive drop off in ATOI from #5D Zadorov (19:27) to #6D Stone (13:13).

Tanev is 4th overall in ATOI for Calgary at 20:40.

Reactions: Alex NJD

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Even aside from the roster changes from last year.... I just think last year's Calgary team got tremendously lucky with their health for the whole season. Most teams would be better if their starters are all healthy.

Still - Calgary is a good, to very good team. My only cause for concern is the law of average with both teams' current streaks. So at least if they play well - then i'll be happy

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Flames third pairing D are garbage . Hard to shelter them when we have last change!
Our speed is going to demolish that pairing even more than the rest of their old crusty team . Lucic and Lewis … were maybe good in 2010 … and Rooney ..

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Hughes and Bratt are going to feast on Mackey and DeSimone . Nico line as well . I can’t see how Sutter will be able to keep those two away from one of our top two lines.
Even if he can , our other lines are hood enough to take advantage of those two .

They definitely got weaker by subtracting Johnny Hockey and Tkachuck and adding Huberdeau and Weegars. Those were core guys for them and the people added play a totally different style and were successful in Florida in a very different system.
Meh , I don’t know . Johnny was not built fur playoff hockey . Yes he wasn’t as bad as people say , but he still wasn’t anywhere near as effective as his regular season. Weegar in and Gudbransen out was a big upgrade. Not sure if Huberdeau can be as effective in Calgary as he was in Florida .
They kicked out last year with injuries and some players having career years at the same team.
They are hurting on D and have next to zero chemistry on forwards groups. They lack an elite finisher. Lindholm is about their best goal scorer . Toffoli is decent but nothing scary

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
They definitely got weaker by subtracting Johnny Hockey and Tkachuck and adding Huberdeau and Weegars. Those were core guys for them and the people added play a totally different style and were successful in Florida in a very different system.

Added Kadri as well. So far, looking like a net loss though. They better get it together soon as those contracts will be ugly in a few years.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Flames third pairing D are garbage . Hard to shelter them when we have last change!
Our speed is going to demolish that pairing even more than the rest of their old crusty team . Lucic and Lewis … were maybe good in 2010 … and Rooney ..

I believe they tried to get Mackey out against our 4th line in Calgary (Stone got injured) and it led to 2 goals from them.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Always love seeing Coleman. Would be perfect on our 3rd line at 50% retained!!!

We already have a 23 year old right handed Coleman

We just swept the Western Canada roadtrip for the first time in over twenty years. We are on a six game winning streak and have shown we can beat any team in the league. Devils have given us 0 reason to believe we will come out with a post-roadtrip hangover. Everyone stay aboard the hype train!

Win tonight and it shouldn't be hard to push it to 10. Ottawa, Arizona, and Montreal after tonight

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
A good game or good effort is most I hope, since this is a classic setup of autoloss because the flames get the rare advantage of the instant revenge schedule.

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Looking on stubhub rn for possibly late tickets, looks like a pretty good crowd tonight unless I'm being hoodwinked lol.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Looking on stubhub rn for possibly late tickets, looks like a pretty good crowd tonight unless I'm being hoodwinked lol.
The cheapest tickets online are still like $20-25 after service fees, that doesn't suggest huge crowd - do you guys sort results by price or something else? I know Ryan posted he saw a lot of traffic going into Newark but there's also another reason why there'd be traffic this Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad