Ice Station Zebra

THE DEVILS ARE ON A 6 GAME WIN STREAK!

zL32Jnz.gif

9FqbdNA.gif

orAnPOR.jpg

YFTM4Uz.jpg

DEVILS (9-3-0) vs. FLAMES (5-4-2)

Head-to-Head:

It was just three nights ago that the Devils were visiting the Flames in Calgary and now the two teams are on the East Coast to close out their season series in a matter of days.

In the first matchup, the Devils earned themselves two points after Fabian Zetterlund scored at 2:38 in overtime. The victory extended New Jersey's win streak to six games.

The Flames were on the end of an eight-game homestand, the Devils handing them their fourth consecutive loss before they went out on the road.

Devils team scope:
The Western Canadian road trip sweep was something of the ages for the Devils. Wins in Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary set the stage for a first six-game winning streak from Mar. 27, 2012, to Apr. 7, 2012, and the ability to go for seven straight for the first time since between Feb. 6, 2011, and Feb. 19, 2011.

Jesper Bratt continues to lead the team in points with 17, despite his point streak being halted, and left off the board against the Flames.

Bratt, Nico Hischier, and Miles Wood are tied for the lead in goals with five each.

Vitek Vanecek will get the start against the Flames after the announcement on Monday that Mackenzie Blackwood has been diagnosed with a knee injury, which is a sprained MCL.

Flames team scope:
The Calgary Flames opened the season playing nine out of their opening ten games of the season at home in Calgary, their lone road game in that span was their second game of the year, a 4-3 win in Edmonton. On Monday night, they played just their second away game, visiting the Islanders to start a three-game road trip.

As was the scenario against the Devils, the Flames lost to the Islanders in overtime on Monday night, stretching their losing streak to five consecutive games.

By the Numbers:
The last time that the Devils won seven consecutive games in a single season was from Feb. 6, 2011, to Feb. 19, 2011.

After Saturday's win in Calgary, the Devils improved to 4-0-0 when trailing first in a game this season.

The Flames power play is 0-for-13 in their last five games.

Injury Updates:

Devils

Jonathan Bernier (Hip - IR)
Ondrej Palat (Groin surgery - IR)
Mackenzie Blackwood (Knee, sprained MCL)

Flames
Michael Stone (undisclosed - IR)
Chris Tanev (upper-body)
Oliver Kylington (personal - IR)

HrgWP8w.jpg

D3RUEyS.png

RjvDVne.png

pb8NQdv.gif

82ramWS.png

F70cnLO.png

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Expecting a desperate Calgary team, they were flying last night until the Isles gut punched them with the two quick goals. First 10 minutes or so will be key.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Expecting the Flames to come out swinging after last night, gonna be a tough one. I believe though! Go team go

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Looking for another strong effort tonight. Hope we come out flying and overwhelm a tired Flames team quickly.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Let’s f***ing go boys. Weather the early storm and don’t let a team that’s down get back up.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
who's starting in goal for the flames tonight? markstrom played last night but vladar has been awful this season. flames haven't won a game in two weeks- maybe they go back to markstrom?

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
who's starting in goal for the flames tonight? markstrom played last night but vladar has been awful this season. flames haven't won a game in two weeks- maybe they go back to markstrom?

A (hopefully) tired Markstrom or Vlader…either way it’s probably good news for the Devils.

But yeah, Calgary is going to be very hungry.

Reactions: youryeah

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I expect Calgary to come out aggressive and physical with the Devils having a bit of road trip hangover.

If Calgary doesn’t put up an early lead then I think the game tips Devils as time goes on.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Like people are saying , Flames will be a very desperate team. They have a lot of guys struggling this year . Hopefully now is not the time some break out of their slumps .
We can skate them into the ground but the flames will be flying off the start. Hopefully we match their intensity and crush them while they are down !
Go Devils !!

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Like people are saying , Flames will be a very desperate team. They have a lot of guys struggling this year . Hopefully now is not the time some break out of their slumps .
We can skate them into the ground but the flames will be flying off the start. Hopefully we match their intensity and crush them while they are down !
Go Devils !!

My main concern is that the first game back from a road trip is typically problematic. We have to overcome this AND a pissed off Calgary team.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Flames are gonna be desperate but they’re off a back to back on the road while we’re 2-days rested. Play our game and we should win this, especially facing their backup.

With that said, good effort again and I’ll be satisfied, win or lose.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
I expect a cocky Devils team to come out flat against an angry, desperate Calgary team. Prove me wrong, Devils.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Team has won 6 straight and has one of the best records in the league and the only thing I’m seeing in here is doubt for this game. The guys deserve the benefit of the doubt right now and I don’t see any reason to doubt a good effort tonight.

Have a little faith people! LGD! :devdance::devdance::devdance::devdance:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Flames are gonna be desperate but they’re off a back to back on the road while we’re 2-days rested. Play our game and we should win this, especially facing their backup.

With that said, good effort again and I’ll be satisfied, win or lose.
I wouldn’t say that Vladar is that much if a downgrade over Markstrom right now .Vladar is a big bugger and has the ability to steal a game . But then again , he can also let in a couple of softies …

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad