Post-Game Talk: Flames def. Canucks - 6-3 (Hughes, Garland, Pettersson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
We really need to move players this off-season.
Ugh, our defense needs work yet again.

f***, whatever.
I’m getting up there in age, I can’t stress in this shit no more.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
That play where lucic outskated Myers to create the 2 on 1 earlier says how much we are overplaying him. Lucic shouldn’t be able to outskate anyone lol
He’s out skated multiple Canucks tonight. Also tells you everything you need to know.

Reactions: mathonwy

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Man this shows how much I never pay attention to the lottery shit

What a terrible rule.

Lottery should be dead equal for all non-playoff teams. No one can convince me otherwise.
Also.

You can move up only 2 times max in a five year span. Or something like that.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i almost don’t want to say this out loud but three straight must win games where we looked like we were in control and demko gave up three goals in a bunch

hope his brain doesn’t break the way luongo’s did

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
This score is still somehow flattering for us. We’ve sucked about as bad as we could in a must win game

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Dont worry. We have Myers for the next 2 seasons after this along with Dickinson. Poolman for the next 3 years.

Reactions: geebaan

HH

Mar 30, 2022
Is Myers movable?
Hes got a big dumb contract that no team would want.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Rewarding losing is such a genius move really.

Only the bad teams get the true guarantee of a top pick. The worst teams cannot fall significantly in the draft.

So, with the loser point, you have like 25 teams who can say “omg we were at least close to PPG this season” and then cling to some other shit like injuries and keep pushing that they’re not far off and have a segment of their fanbase eat it up.

Then you have those few teams in like last place whose PR teams will just push the new young talent they drafted.

And idiots will eat that up.

God this system is so shitty but it’s so genius by the NHL.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
i almost don’t want to say this out loud but three straight must win games where we looked like we were in control and demko gave up three goals in a bunch

look at the team in front of him… the D core is crap and the whole forward group doesn’t know how to play defensive and it’s also slow and soft

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

Screens shots, 2 on 1s and his d-man kicking the puck past him. Not sure how that gets chalked up to Demko allowing goals in bunches. It should get chalked up to bad players in front of him.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
A guy like Myers is just helpless when the other team has a modicum of speed and structure. You just know right before he got signed Benning watched a highlight or two of him throwing a hit with no regards as to how he would fit in. All that mattered that the Canucks needed an RHD at the time.

And right now we're still paying for his foolishness.

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Instead of dumping all those expiring deals, if we just paid Seattle to draft Myers we would be in a hilariously better scenario. But noooooo. Let's chase OEL for another albatross contract.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Luongos mental game was bad, Demko will be fine. Demko ain’t got no Gina with him.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Rewarding losing is such a genius move really.

Only the bad teams get the true guarantee of a top pick. The worst teams cannot fall significantly in the draft.

So, with the loser point, you have like 25 teams who can say “omg we were at least close to PPG this season” and then cling to some other shit like injuries and keep pushing that they’re not far off and have a segment of their fanbase eat it up.

Then you have those few teams in like last place whose PR teams will just push the new young talent they drafted.

And idiots will eat that up.

God this system is so shitty but it’s so genius by the NHL.
I looked into it and there's actually a precedent for this -- every sports league in North America for the entireity of the existence of an amateur draft in any of them.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad