Post-Game Talk: Flames def. Canucks - 6-3 (Hughes, Garland, Pettersson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
A few things to cheer for -

Hughes Points by a D man in a season
Miller - 2 points to pass Bertuzzi in terms of best offensive seasons
Pettersson - his next point will be a career high

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I looked into it and there's actually a precedent for this -- every sports league in North America for the entireity of the existence of an amateur draft in any of them.
This is poor but not below your standard.

I’ll give you credit that it’s an improvement on the Joey Moss comments you made.

Reactions: geebaan

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Was rooting for you guys to get in until the last backbreaking loss. Ik this sucks big time, but II think you guys get in next year. Still jealous of you guys having Hughes and pettey.

Reactions: bh53 and JamesFri13

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I didn’t realize Hughes actually tied Lidster tonight - I thought he was at 62, but he is now at 63, so he has a share of the record. Awesome stuff - now go out there and set a new one!

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
XzUsbmY.png

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Who is stating that they should bring the same group back?

Lots of people want to pay Boeser 7 million, miller 9 million, and Horvat 8 million. It’s been implied many many times when someone suggests we trade them. They bring up some nonsense like we can’t replace them. Well….if you can’t afford them then you have to replace them… lol

Of course many of them are denying this on this thread right now but it’s been implied many many many times that people want the same group back like moving Myers , poolman, oel, and Dickinson etc is easy and we can easily afford to pay them lol

Or we can keep dumping firsts like water to dump bad contracts and re sign them. 🤷🏻

Last edited:

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Miller staying top ten in scoring - maybe even hitting 100 points - will be a big deal for him going into the summer he’s eligible for an extension.

Doubt he sits or takes these next three games lightly.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Miller staying top ten in scoring - maybe even hitting 100 points - will be a big deal for him going into the summer he’s eligible for an extension.

Doubt he sits or takes these next three games lightly.
He’s 11th in scoring…not sure scoring some points and getting into 8th or something gives him anymore leverage than he already has. 100 is a nice round number that players like to see and want to get but contract wise I don’t think it has much influence.

But you don’t rest him. You throw him out 25 minutes a night.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Four games in six nights......energy just sapped.....and the result in hostile buildings like Minnesota and Calgary was pretty predictable.

You have to hand it to this team for battling right to the final buzzer....but realistically, the off-season was far more important than what happened this season and down the stretch.

And the biggest silver lining is that the guys who 'built' this flawed roster over eight long, tortuous years are history. For that reason alone, the season has to be considered a success....And better days are ahead.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
He’s 11th in scoring…not sure scoring some points and getting into 8th or something gives him anymore leverage than he already has. 100 is a nice round number that players like to see and want to get but contract wise I don’t think it has much influence.

But you don’t rest him. You throw him out 25 minutes a night.
Think those things definitely do come into play. I think the elite management groups don’t give a shit but if you walk into a negotiation and you’re able to say things like “top ten, 100 points” - i think that leads to changes.

Also, he seems like the kind of person who would want it just on a personal accolade level

Reactions: CanucksSayEh

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Boeser got absolutely slaughtered at 5v5 tonight.

Which isn’t a surprise as he usually does against the better even strength teams
The bulk of the team was terrible in their matchups. But that Pettersson line was truly awful. Not sure it’s much on Pettersson as his wingers seemed determined to carry the puck and do nothing with it all night.

Reactions: JiffyPB

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Think those things definitely do come into play. I think the elite management groups don’t give a shit but if you walk into a negotiation and you’re able to say things like “top ten, 100 points” - i think that leads to changes.

Also, he seems like the kind of person who would want it just on a personal accolade level

On a personal level I think it matters, don’t get me wrong, and they should be doing what they can to get him that. But I disagree on 10th or 11th meaning much (he’s actually tied for 10th in points).

Edit: tied 10th going into the night…see how things shake out after his three assists and all the other action tonight. He likely moved up.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Speaking of 100 points. Tkachuk is over that and we could have had him for free. And we can get Johnny midget and his 111 points for free next year. God I hope Aquilini doesn’t court Johnny Midget next year and just rebuild for F’s sake. Lol

nuc1234

Apr 18, 2022
Didn’t watch the game, but according to natural stat trick Peterson Boeser line had 3 scoring chances for, and 19 scoring chances against( and both were a minus 2 too) . That’s just awful. Glad Petey scored but it’s clear that the team needs to focus on pairing him up with different players to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad