Post-Game Talk: Flames def. Canucks - 6-3 (Hughes, Garland, Pettersson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: April 23rd, 7:00PM, PST
WHERE: Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, AB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet650

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)

Dickinson - Pettersson - Boeser
Podkolzin - Miller - Garland
Highmore - Lammikko - Lockwood
Dries - Richardson - Petan

Hughes - Schenn
Ekman-Larsson - Myers
Dermott - Hunt

Demko

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Where: Scotiabank Horse-seat-thingy-dome, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy.
When: 7:00pm Pacific standard time

It's been my lifelong dream to post a game day thread.

You're lifelong dream was to run out on the field during a baseball game and you did it last year remember?
rRHAz2RQifd3QDDcp3FsdkaU7ZnuuDUd2f9NuwFrxvg.jpg

Anyways our playoff hopes may be bleak. But no matter if you still believe in the playoffs
han-solo-star-wars.gif

or you think we are toast, let's enjoy watching an alien and bozo.

I may post the lineups later but some of you will most likely beat me to it.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Same as last game CGY is going to choke and lose or at least surrender a point. Season series Started 1-0 in ot and it will end 1-0 in ot.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

I didn’t know Markstrom was injured (or is he just being rested? If it’s the latter, smart move from Sutter)

Vladar was Jekyll and Hyde in his last two games against Vancouver. Came in cold partway through the 7-1 ass kicking and looked rough, then shut us down pretty soundly the next game. Hope we see the first version tonight.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Its always a fun to play the Flames ..this one is a bit bittersweet, as we don't have a lot to play for.

They gonged us pretty good the last time both these teams met up (although we dismantled them, and chased Marky from the net in the game before that).

I predicted that the Canucks would lose to the Wild, so I'm going to go on a limb and say we win this game tonight.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
(Can't think of a better place to post this. )

Did anyone listen to the last game Vancast post game? They've done that a few times now where it's essentially live, they take callers and questions from the chat etc.

Anyway two things stood out. Farhan expanded on the culture thing, saying he wasn't saying necessarily that they were bad pieces in the room culture wise but that they were missing good pieces.

Talked about how when Markstrom here he was a strong presence in the room and acted as a buffer between Green and the players.

Also there was a caller later in the pod named Cole P. He talked about how the room seemed really toxic at the start of the year and how they'll come out better next year etc. And I swear to God, it sounded like Bo Horvat.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016

I didn’t know Markstrom was injured (or is he just being rested? If it’s the latter, smart move from Sutter)

Vladar was Jekyll and Hyde in his last two games against Vancouver. Came in cold partway through the 7-1 ass kicking and looked rough, then shut us down pretty soundly the next game. Hope we see the first version tonight.

No one in their top 4 makes over $5M. Very efficient in terms of D contracts. Will be interesting to see if Johnny Hockey takes a discount to resign with a contender.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016

Did anyone listen to the last game Vancast post game? They've done that a few times now where it's essentially live, they take callers and questions from the chat etc.

Anyway two things stood out. Farhan expanded on the culture thing, saying he wasn't saying necessarily that they were bad pieces in the room culture wise but that they were missing good pieces.

Talked about how when Markstrom here he was a strong presence in the room and acted as a buffer between Green and the players.

Also there was a caller later in the pod named Cole P. He talked about how the room seemed really toxic at the start of the year and how they'll come out better next year etc. And I swear to God, it sounded like Bo Horvat.

It doesn't surprise me that the old regime did not take actual leadership and glue guys (Marky/Tanev/Stecher) into consideration, after spending millions on Beagle/Roussel/Sutter/etc

Sorry. Do you mean the caller sounded like Bo? Or it sounded like Bo was the problem?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
It doesn't surprise me that the old regime did not take actual leadership and glue guys (Marky/Tanev/Stecher) into consideration, after spending millions on Beagle/Roussel/Sutter/etc

Sorry. Do you mean the caller sounded like Bo? Or it sounded like Bo was the problem?
The caller's voice sounded exactly like Bo.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

The Athletic is missing a golden opportunity if they don’t get that guys voice forensically analysed. I would be one of those Canucks moments to put in the history books thats for sure

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Wondering how Miller's doing after taking that shot in the leg last game. And Richardson with his broken nose. Love Saturday night hockey in Alberta. We're not officially eliminated yet. Canuck heart still beating.

uh uh uh uh .........stayin' alive.......stayin' alive..........

Love

Feb 29, 2012

That underlined part is such a bullshit move by Farhan, although it’s exactly what I expected. All these morons in the Vancouver media are just stirring shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino