Post-Game Talk: Flames def. Canucks - 5-2 (Pettersson, Hoglander) | Well, nuts.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
We can’t allow Juulsen to continue sabotaging our nice start. The way he makes the absolute highest danger wrong decision on every single play is insane. I guarantee he is going to be at the bottom of that fancy blue chart we’ll see.

Bring up Wolanin and just run:
Hughes Hronek
Cole Friedman
Wolanin Myers

Like why did one Soucy injury lead to blendering the D lines and sewering Hughes by strapping him to Juulsen? They’re galaxy braining this.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i say f*** it, get some fresh legs and call up jett woo

pdg jtm boeser
beauve petey mikheyev
garland lafferty hoglander
karlsson blueger joshua

hughes friedman
cole hronek
hirose woo

i mean why not? could be fun and probably couldn’t be any worse

• Wow
Reactions: Ginger Papa

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
remember the one night stillman just lost it and just kept repeatedly firing the puck down the ice as hard as he could every time it came to him? juulsen had a night like that

My ‘favourite’ Stillman memory was a period that was winding down and he’s standing behind the net with 5 seconds left and nobody pressing him and he just has to stand there and let the clock run out … and he totally has no idea and throws a pizza up the middle of the ice that almost ends in our net.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
(common law) So yes, you are technically correct...lol.
correct-futurama.gif

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
i say f*** it, get some fresh legs and call up jett woo

pdg jtm boeser
beauve petey mikheyev
garland lafferty hoglander
karlsson blueger joshua

hughes friedman
cole hronek
hirose woo

i mean why not? could be fun and probably couldn’t be any worse

Woo has been better than Juulsen in the AHL since the start of last year and it makes no sense not to be playing a better younger player to see what you have when the other option is this bad.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
NHL Schedule-maker 1, Canucks 0. A strong first period melted away in the second and third. Shorthanded and tired team just couldn't get the legs moving.

Tocchet tried to move Garland up the lineup, but unfortunately offense mostly goes to die on his stick. Playing with Pettersson and Mikheyev, they need a winger who'll move the puck and skate to the holes. Unfortunately Garland takes the puck to the wall, and the play just grinds to a halt.

If they're going to move any winger up in the lineup, it would have been Hoglander, Beauvillier or even Lafferty.

Losing Soucy is going to a big problem for this blueline moving forward. Juulsen tries, but is an AHL defenseman. I guess Hirose will be the next man up. But still baffled as to why Wolanin gets little respect from the Canucks. I mean how can he be any worse?

So it's back home to face the Kraken.....another tough one, since they'll be sitting in Vancouver just waiting for the game to start.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
gotta say i liked the cut of jarlsson’s jib

otoh literally the last time i saw a guy play his first game and was impressed by his hustle and spirited board work was tanner glass so i can’t guarantee this ends well

Reactions: Ginger Papa

dealwithit

Apr 10, 2011
Vancouver
Can't win em all, but on the brightside we have a couple of get right games vs the SeaKarens and Shorks before the showdown vs. the Avs.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
agreed with everything here

it's unfortunate that calgary is so reticent to move zadorov/tanev to vancouver. there's been talk all season about how tocchet is preaching team defense and it's been working pretty well so far, but you can only hide the player deficiences for so long... while this is a schedule loss, as a fresh team we might also have lost this due to juulsen's really poor play.

it's probably better anyway to try and get these players in the off-season given that we have an inside track at signing them, but for this season, our worst roster defenseman has to be friedman going into the playoffs. hoping for beau or garland to go on a heater soon so they're more tradeable to a desperate team and we can get some D help.

also that pospisil guy is a real piece of shit lol

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
We get a palette cleanser by getting Seattle and San Jose next. I wanna see us bully them before taking on Colorado. Losing to the Flames is whatever.

What the last few games has definitely exposed is our desperate need for defense. Soucy going down opened a massive Juulsen sized hole that needs to be plugged fast.

I've has a lot of praise for Tocchet since he's arrived but I'm gonna give stink eyes if I see Juulsen anywhere near this team for much longer. He's Myers but without any upside. Which... is saying a LOT. Hoglander needs to be given more of a chance too. It's inexcusable he's the first scratch candidate but Juulsen gets every chance in the damn world to suck.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Could see this one coming. Team was bagged (especially some of the go to players) One issue you can see is that team needs more scoring from more sources and can't depend on certain players to carry the team offensively all the time.

Team did a good job of spreading out the minutes but this, in turn, led to having some players out longer than they deserved to be.

Good

Myers - thought he was one player providing some push back on the defense and he worked decently around his net under some intense pressure. Goal he was for was on for wasn't his fault. Broke up a lot plays in his end and played with good range in this game

Some of the forwards had some good spurts but didn't think anyone was especially good. Guys like Di Guiseppe, Joshua and Lafferty stuck to their knitting and providing some forechecking but no was consistently good over the 60 minutes. Thought Boeser had good first and was creating some turnovers but he, like others, faded badly in the second and third.

Bad

Obviously the player that stood out was Juulsen. Truly awful. Had some moments at the end of last year, but that was in garbage time with most of the pressure off. Right now he must be near the worst player in the League. Just totally incompetent. Canucks have to try someone different - no one is going to be any worse than Juulsen.

On Karlsson - to me he is a surprise call up. Really doing nothing special in Abbotsford and several forwards down there have shown more. Maybe he was promised a look but I don't think the club owes him anything. Can't see what he provides - he is not a good skater, has zero toughness and is average in the AHL. Had to work at it to see what he was doing in this game. Just sort of there.

deSmith struggled in this one but he had people all over him all game.

Canucks are missing Soucy big time. His loss is showing the lack of depth we have on the back end.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
joyous ... not.

well this crap gonna happen now and again. Didnt think they played all that bad, didnt seem to get much in the way of bounces.

back to the winning ways again methinks.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Hoglander on pace for 20+ goals playing bottom minutes - first scratch whenever possible

Juulsen costs us games and cant make a pass or read to save his life - play with Hughes on pairing

Like who would be surprised if Hoglander is out for Suter+Kuzmenko and Juulsen stays in Saturday?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad