Post-Game Talk: Flames def. Canucks - 4-1 (Highmore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I wish Horvat didn’t Have to be tied to Pearson. When it was Hog-Bo-Brock it was a legit first line. Now it’s two mediocre 2nd lines.

This drives me crazy. The team has one top-6 spot to fill next year and that’s with Pettersson & Miller. Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser is a fantastic line and Miller-Pettersson work very well together. Pearson needs to be cast aside somehow or used on the third line and utilized as an emergency top-6 only.

Reactions: I am toxic

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
This game was hard to watch.

This drives me crazy. The team has one top-6 spot to fill next year and that’s with Pettersson & Miller. Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser is a fantastic line and Miller-Pettersson work very well together. Pearson needs to be cast aside somehow or used on the third line and utilized as an emergency top-6 only.
And we have Pod coming.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
3HcMacD.png

Reactions: Foundational Player

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I've decided I like this new emphasis on getting Edler his 100th goal.

Along with benching Rathbone and shortening the bench so the top 4 d play 23+ minutes a night, and never resting any vets, this is all good for the tank. Edler eating all the PP1 minutes should render it scoreless for another game or two. Ideally he gets his 100th goal in the last game of the season on the PP.

Reactions: Get North

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I’d take Leivo at his salary and one year commitment over Pearson and his three year commitment.

Leivo will be better next year as he’ll have had more time to rehab his serious knee injury.

Pearson and Leivo are basically exactly the same player but one gets $10 million for pedigree while the other makes $800k.

Reactions: timw33

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
they have the same issue we do

an idiot gm

there’s a limit to the whole young talent thing

their defense prospects are definitely years ahead of ours though

Juolevi f***ing useless player

Time to move on from Juolevi. If he wasn’t a top 10 overall pick he would be a landscaper or fireman in Finland by now. It was a wasted opportunity at a possible franchise changing player but trying to polish a turd won’t bring that decision back. It’s done. Move on.

Reactions: Peen

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Stunning how we got smacked 4-1 despite both teams not wanting to be playing tonight.

Totally missed tonight's game, but sounds like time well spent. Four games left, count 'em down.....what a relief when it's finally over.

If we lose out, granted it'll be tough to watch....but absolutely necessary for draft position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad